Search results

1. jeradjames

Wild Coastal Cutthroat Lake

I fished a natural producing coastal cutthroat lake in my local county, north of King, and have a question about access if anyone is familiar with it PM me so I don’t spot burn. I fished the first lake in a series of 3 lakes that are beyond a gate, two actually, with about the first mile of the...
  2. jeradjames

Westslopes In Runoff

Fishing and finding wild cutthroat trout has quickly became one of my favorite things to do. Many many miles up a neighboring state tributary we were able to find some willing cutthroat. The conditions were tough with most spots being unwadeable but it was a great learning experience and good...
  3. jeradjames

Europe Destination Ideas

I’m getting married in Greece in September, most of my fiancé’s family lives there , and am in charge of planning our honeymoon destination. Since we’ll be over in Europe already, I’m thinking on planning our honeymoon over there. Any recommendations on countries or more specific destinations...
  4. jeradjames

Bamboo Rod ID

I’m wondering if anyone can help me ID this rod that was my great grandpas? I can’t find anything on the rod that states the wt. I measured it awhile ago and believe it was around 8.5 feet or so. I can remeasure it if that will help identifying it. He was more of a gear fisherman from what my...
  5. jeradjames

Yakima 11/6

Today we floated out on the Yakima River. We floated the lower canyon area from ringer down to around Red’s. I’ve done some wading around Cle Elum on the upper Yakima/Cle Elum twice this fall and got skunked both times one with a lot of missed hook sets though so completely fisherman’s error...
  6. jeradjames

SRC Saltwater Hooks

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest me some hooks to start fly tying for SRC's in the salt? Based off of what I've been using, exclusively baitfish patterns, almost all are a size 6. I doubt all of them are saltwater hooks which I've heard might be better in the situation in which...
  7. jeradjames

Saltwater Guide

Looking to hire a guide for my girlfriend and myself September 24th for some late season salmon fishing or sea-run cutthroat. Willing to drive wherever the fishing is good. Anyone have any recommendations? Is it too late to try and get a guide this point in the season? Thanks for any...
  8. jeradjames

Saltwater leader questions

I’m new to fly fishing and have a question regarding leaders. I’ve been using an Umpqua Deceiver 3x 9ft leader and 2-3ft or so of 3x tippet tied to that while beach fishing for pinks and coho. I went into a new shop yesterday to purchase another leader and they suggested just tying maxima...