Search results

1. Replicant

Need some location advice for a very good friend.

My buddy Mike is a guitarist with Old Crow Medicine Show. They'll be in Spokane on Sunday night. He brings his fly rod with him when touring, and is looking for any spot that is reasonably accessible, as time is always a premium. I don't know the area very well, and have never fished up...
  2. Replicant

Reminiscing about Roosters

I managed to get two good hunts in last Fall. This is from a hunt in South Dakota back in early December. It was bitter cold, and I managed to dodge a big storm heading out and another slammer, coming home. In fact, the day I headed out, was when that guy caused a thirty car pile up on I-90...
  3. Replicant

Montana Sharptails

As far as fishing is concerned, I have not had the best year. I've just been to busy to get out there as much as I would want to. No real complaints, I did do one float and landed a decent sized smallmouth. I also watched my daughter catch her second fish on the fly, and I think this will...
  4. Replicant

Repower?

Does anyone have any experience with repowering a boat? I have an opportunity to assume ownership of a 70s vintage Boston Whaler. Hull is excellent, and while the internal structures (wood seating, steering, etc.) is sound, the engine is the original, under powered Johnson. Still runs, but...
  5. Replicant

Marine area 9 - Advice, feedback wanted.

While, I'm a dry side of the state, SMB chaser, my roots are on the wet side, and I grew up playing and even working in the sound. I've had some pretty significant life changes, that have basically forced me to deal with the estate of my late parents, which essentially means that I'm spending...