Marine area 9 - Advice, feedback wanted.

Replicant

Steelhead
While, I'm a dry side of the state, SMB chaser, my roots are on the wet side, and I grew up playing and even working in the sound. I've had some pretty significant life changes, that have basically forced me to deal with the estate of my late parents, which essentially means that I'm spending most of my time cleaning up and dealing with all of the 'stuff' on their waterfront home. I've taken a rod and waders over there before, but my workload is such, that I can't find the time (or more accurately, I feel guilty setting time aside for myself) to fish. With warmer weather coming on, and the real need to find a stress release as I continue to tackle things, I never thought I would have to deal with, I've decided to take a stab at beach fishing again. I know that I'm basically going after searuns, but research tells me that the mid to north sound is not so great. I've read a lot about working with the tides and such, but I can't seem to get an idea as to the time of the year. Do I bother? Is there anything out there, this time of year? I'm not looking to go into rivers or inland, I just want to stick to the beaches that are within walking or a few minutes drive time. I guess, I'm asking for encouragement, or a reality check from the experts.

stupidbike

Freshly Spawned
You don't know if you don't try. I'm not familiar enough the MA9 to provide any advice but I image that there are beaches that will produce fish for you. I heard some good things about the beaches around Port Townsend, but that's as specific as I know right now.

Additionally, I'd wager that taking time for yourself, even though it might make you feel guilty, will be worth it. Don't be afraid to set aside some personal time for fishing definitely helps clear the mind.

Dennisoft

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There are several nice beaches up in that area. I'm not sure if the sea runs will be back just yet, but they will certainly be there in the coming months.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
If you're already in that area, I'd sure give it a shot. They could show up any time in March, and certainly by April.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
This can sometimes be a tough time to fish right now as some fish will be up the creeks spawning. There always seem to be a few around though and ever once in awhile you can have a banner day at this time of the year. You might also encounter some post spawn fish. It’s always worth a try and we should start seeing some early chum fry. Some might already be out but if not, it will happen soon.
Good luck with the fishing and house.
SF

Denwor54

Life of the Party
Hey Replicant, I grew up in that area and fished for cutts and salmon. @Stonedfish is right on, PM me and I can give you some suggestions on tides and other opportunities there.

Replicant

Steelhead
This can sometimes be a tough time to fish right now as some fish will be up the creeks spawning. There always seem to be a few around though and ever once in awhile you can have a banner day at this time of the year. You might also encounter some post spawn fish. It’s always worth a try and we should start seeing some early chum fry. Some might already be out but if not, it will happen soon.
Good luck with the fishing and house.
SF
Appreciate it. I'm going to give it a shot. The fresh air will do me good.