Need some location advice for a very good friend.

Replicant

Steelhead
My buddy Mike is a guitarist with Old Crow Medicine Show. They'll be in Spokane on Sunday night. He brings his fly rod with him when touring, and is looking for any spot that is reasonably accessible, as time is always a premium. I don't know the area very well, and have never fished up there. Not looking for hot spots, just a general direction to point him in. Any advice?

Replicant

Steelhead
I love Old Crow Medicine Show. Is he a bass guy?
Nope, for Old Crow, he is guitar and banjo. I keep missing his shows, and won't be able to make Sunday night either. He was with Chris Stapleton for a bit, and then with Brent Cobb (did a number of albums with Brent), and Apache Relay before that. Even though I spend a fair amount of time with him, considering he lives in Nashville, I haven't seen him perform live since Stapleton was in Spokane, pre-pandemic. The dude is amazing.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Nope, for Old Crow, he is guitar and banjo. I keep missing his shows, and won't be able to make Sunday night either. He was with Chris Stapleton for a bit, and then with Brent Cobb (did a number of albums with Brent), and Apache Relay before that. Even though I spend a fair amount of time with him, considering he lives in Nashville, I haven't seen him perform live since Stapleton was in Spokane, pre-pandemic. The dude is amazing.
I meant bass that swim😁

Zak

Legend
My buddy Mike is a guitarist with Old Crow Medicine Show. They'll be in Spokane on Sunday night. He brings his fly rod with him when touring, and is looking for any spot that is reasonably accessible, as time is always a premium. I don't know the area very well, and have never fished up there. Not looking for hot spots, just a general direction to point him in. Any advice?
Have him call Jerry White, the Spokane Riverkeeper. Jerry's got a drift boat and knows lots.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I'd send him towards the bass, this time of year up there is pretty spicy on the trout.

Too f'ing cool to see this here, love old crow!

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fish lake is full of trashy people blasting gangster music, smoking pot and having domestic arguements on the weekends. And fishing is slow, it's warming up.
I live very close, hate the weekends there. Trashy folks central. Really gone down hill the last few years
But there is good shore fishing along the east side.

Spokane river has some areas. Between bowl and pitcher and water treatment plant is decent(if spokane folks want me to delete this sentence, I'm happy to) Upper spokane for bass, lower for trout. Medical lake is fly fishing only And normally not that busy.
And a million and two lakes to find bass and such. Alota lakes, not much river love close

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pot and rap music?!? Yikes. Can't be having that nonsense. I only fish around those classy folks who drink beer all day and listen to country!
I smoke. And occasionally rap might be played.
It's more the decibal level at which it's played, and the fact that there is a million other people's kids in close proximity while blunts are being passed.

Main point was, if you're looking for a peaceful nature type setting, this ain't it.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I smoke. And occasionally rap might be played.
It's more the decibal level at which it's played, and the fact that there is a million other people's kids in close proximity while blunts are being passed.

Main point was, if you're looking for a peaceful nature type setting, this ain't it.

I figured. Was mostly just pitchin shit :)