Search results

1. Westfly Refugee

Dual purpose pontoons (stillwater & rivers)?

Even with a 10' Scadden raft, a big 10.5' Maxxon pontoon, a Clackacraft pram, and SuperCat float tube, and a JB Outiftters pontoon, I still have space in a large pole barn so I definitely need at least one more floaty thing... On lakes I've been using the old JB Outfitters ~7' pontoon. On the...
  2. Westfly Refugee

Anyone use this rechargable/wireless (inexpensive) depthfinder on their tube or 'toon?

So fishing the other day, a friend had on his pontoon one of those inexpensive depthfinders with a cable running to a bobber/transducer. Seemed like a handy tool for $45 other than it uses 4 batteries. I searched around for a rechargable model. This one is very similar to my friend's except...
  3. Westfly Refugee

Trout Fishing in Merwin-Yale-Swift reservoirs ???

Looking for some low elevation options until we can access the high country lakes. This series of reservoirs on the Lewis River are popular with the kokanee trollers, and for folks chasing muskies in Merwin, but what about trout? At the lower end of Merwin, on the north side there's several...
  4. Westfly Refugee

Wanted Spring Creek Hopper II 10' pram (or similar)

It's a long shot i know but just putting it out there. Seeking a fiberglass ~10', river pram, located within a day's drive of Portland.
  5. Westfly Refugee

Portland, Flood of Vinyl

Seeing that music is a popular theme here, I figured some would like to know about a huge collection of modern music and memorabilia that just came up for sale at Portland's Germer Gallery. This massive collection from an individual collector is comprised of around 5000 albums, a couple...
  6. Westfly Refugee

Fishing (or fished) Patagonia? Keep your eye on Argentina.

With the results of their presidential run-off election, the Argentines are headed for some interesting times. (As if they weren't living in them already considering their economy) Dollarization? (implentation doubtful, but useful campaign rhetoric). I wonder how the economic uncertainty will...
  7. Westfly Refugee

Tips for curing bird skins - preserving for fly tying?

The last few waterfowl seasons I've been collecting a lot of CDC and other feathers for various fly tiers. This season, I plan to also preserve whole skins for myself. The online how-to instructions that I've found just use two applications of Borax. After thoroughly removing all the fat of...
  8. Westfly Refugee

FS Book: Trey Combs, Steelhead Flyfishing

1991 1st edition. Fine, unread condition. Probably one of the better copies available. Jacket and dustjacket flawless. $70, shipping $10. Will be carefully packaged. Can hand off in the NW to NE Portland area.
  9. Westfly Refugee

Listen up - the gray beards speak

https://deschutesriveralliance.wordpress.com/2023/02/16/learn-the-fishing-secrets-of-hughes-hafele-richmond-and-perin-at-trout-whisperers/
  10. Westfly Refugee

Upgrade Question - option of 1-time, single-amount payment?

I poked around a bit and didn't see this answered - sorry if I missed it. Rather than recurring monthly charges, is there a way to make a one-time gift? Other details? Thank you!
  11. Westfly Refugee

Straight outta Scotland - Barrio Fly Lines

My search for gear led me to this site in Scotland...I like the artisan aspect. Their furled leaders seem like a very fair price, especially with the offered free-shipping for orders of $15GBP. I didn't order any flylines but the price point is attractive too. https://www.flylineshop.com/