Straight outta Scotland - Barrio Fly Lines

Westfly Refugee

Steelhead
My search for gear led me to this site in Scotland...I like the artisan aspect.
Their furled leaders seem like a very fair price, especially with the offered free-shipping for orders of $15GBP.
I didn't order any flylines but the price point is attractive too.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I have two of their fly lines. They work very well, especially for the price.
The owner is a very nice guy as well.
SF

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I too have a couple of lines. a nice fast intermediate that I use for trout in lakes....works great and has lasted a long time.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I too have a couple of lines. a nice fast intermediate that I use for trout in lakes....works great and has lasted a long time.

I should have mention you were the one that turned me on to his lines. ;)
SF

Hem

Life of the Party
Thanks for heads up.
Any idea what currency their prices are for conversion?

mems

Steelhead
The reels are Vosselers made in Germany I have a couple, very nice reels. Nick Jones used to be the rep for them in USA. Don’t know what he is up to now. Price looks good they are a little heavy but very durable, similar to a Solitude reel.

Hem

Life of the Party
The reels are Vosselers made in Germany I have a couple, very nice reels. Nick Jones used to be the rep for them in USA. Don’t know what he is up to now. Price looks good they are a little heavy but very durable, similar to a Solitude reel.
Thanks.
They look pretty stout but well made.

mems

Steelhead
You can google Vosseler reels and find some shops that sell them. The Scotland fly line reel looks like one of their older models but under $200 is a great price point. I like the S arm model. German stuff is well made.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
the fact that the reels are a bit heavy and full cage would make them good to balance euro rods

Didnt notice any specifications or the reels...or did I miss it?

Never mind. Showing on the computer, didn't on my phone.

And in green only?

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I had never heard of these lines.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I’ve used mine for awhile now. I think they were like $27 shipped back when I bought them.
Amazing deal, especially considering where they were shipped from.
Even more amazing is how much more durable they’ve been then some POS big named brand lines that costs four times more and fail rather quickly.
SF

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’ve used mine for awhile now. I think they were like $27 shipped back when I bought them.
Amazing deal, especially considering where they were shipped from.
Even more amazing is how much more durable they’ve been then some POS big named brand lines that costs four times more and fail rather quickly.
SF
I agree , I buy those $35 SA GPX’s on Sierra . Those furled leaders from Barrio look interesting, have always wanted to try one . With that loop connection , and tippet ring , it’s an easy setup .

Hem

Life of the Party
Obviously I haven't looked in to this,but can you purchase lines/ reel from the Barrio site, or do I need to track a vendor down in the States?