Search results

1. M

February / March voting ~ Mossback's Spey Fly for the win!

Please vote for your favorite pattern. Vote for one, all, or none at all! 1. @Billy ~ Hot Head Jig 2. @Mossback ~ Spey Fly... (Because I like them) 3. @PhilR ~ BWO's 4. @Tom Butler ~ Soft Hackle Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear 5. @mcswny ~ BWO Cripple
  2. M

April / May Tying Contest

I heard they are going to be early this year............ I have heard this phrase every year, for the last 30 years! It seems to me that the big bugs are always right on time!!!! Let's see your favorite Golden Stone or Salmonfly pattern. Nymph or adult.
  3. M

“My favorite fly to throw in February/March is _________because __________.” ~ Tying contest!

This one is wide open per @Jake Watrous request. Have fun with it!
  4. M

Holiday Tying Contest ~ Jake Watrous with the win!

@Stonedfish @clarkman @Scudley Do Right @Jake Watrous @wmelton
  5. M

Holiday Fly Tying Contest ~ Stay Salty!

With the holidays coming my thoughts turn to family, friends, social obligations, work obligations, dinners, brunch, gift exchanges, hugs, small talk, fake smiles, group photos..... Then my thoughts turn to being someplace else! Preferably somewhere with sand and salt! The topic for this...
  6. M

October Fly Tying Contest ~ 4" Minimum! G_Smolt gets the win!!

Giving this platform a try for voting. @Shad @Divad @clarkman @G_Smolt @mcswny .
  7. M

September Tying Contest Finalists ~ Winner! ~ @SculpinSwinger!

Vote for one, all or none. Thanks for all of the great submissions!
  8. M

October Fly tying contest ~ 4" Minimum.... Wet or dry, hard or soft!

The thread title pretty much says it all.... Also, I'm going to post a separate thread for September voting once I get some feedback from a few folks.
  9. M

September Fly Tying Challange ~ Late Summer Steelhead Flies

I'm going to provide some inspiration for Late Summer Steelhead patterns. I will not "hot spot" the well-kept, secret body of water that heats up, and gets halfway dirty in September....
  10. M

August Fly-Tying Challange ~ Terrestrials ~ Trial voting system

Welcome to just now! The rest of this month's fly-tying challenge is a bit Extra... Terrestrial, that is! Hoppers, ants, cicadas, roaches....... Maybe not roaches, but beetles for sure.... DO NOT POST ANY PRAYING MANTIS PATTERNS! They just deserve better than that.
  11. M

looking for approval to host / manage the fly tying contest each month.

I only have @clarkman for a reference........
  12. M

Tube Flies

I am new here. Is there already a thread for tubers?