October Fly Tying Contest ~ 4" Minimum! G_Smolt gets the win!!

Which bad ass 4" + streamer is your favorite?????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm surprised MCM didn't tie something up. He ties a mean bull trout streamer!

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Dumb question but is voting open for everyone or just those who have tied a fly?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well shit, I didn't realize we were doing a fish comp here.... :LOL:

I mean, since year 3 of targeting what I target, I've had virtually the same base of a fly....just tweaks here and there.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 dentists would say that's basically a steelhead.
Seriously. "Rainbows" that put 9 out of 10 steelhead I've seen to shame. And apparently, really smart gigantic rainbows/adfluvial steelhead. Why go out to the big scary ocean, when you can live close to home in a lake, gorging yourself on caviar. Truly impressive fish whatever they're called. One more reason I need to check Alaska off my list.

EDIT: Pays to read all the replies. Just added allacustrine to my fish vocab: "100% Allacustrine rainbow, AK-grown, sockeye-fueled."

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
ok fine....from the non-articulated version of the above fly. Fat rolls....that usually starts happening once they get past the 3' mark. This one topped out at 43.5"....not bad for my buddy's first (he's a pretty tall dude too to give you a better idea). I had set him up with an all black with chartreuse highlights version of the pattern.

a64QTsf.jpg