Recent content by Skeena88

1. S

NFR Humor

The word "gullible" isn't in any dictionary.
  2. S

Trouble with Pinks?

Chris, there are (at least) two main rearing strategies for Puget Sound Chinook. Most juveniles seem to be "ocean type" that out migrate within the first 3 months or so after emergence. The second is the "stream type" Chinook where the juveniles spend about a year in fresh water before going to...
  3. S

NFR Okanogan partridge and quail

I've been hunting upland birds in the Okanogan valley with my dogs for 25 years and have seen some great times and some not so great. Last week we hunted at Chiliwist over 2 days and did not find a single partridge or quail. Last year we found numerous coveys of both in the areas we hunted. Same...
  4. S

How many steelhead flies do you really need?

Been a while since I got off that lightly😈😀
  5. S

SFR Two years out....Retirement

Congratulations Bruce and thanks for all your help over the years with my Scientific Collection Permits. I will follow you next year into retirement too.
  6. S

Caring for a pheasant carcass

I haven't found it necessary to wash the pelt, but scraping off as much flesh and fat as possible is key to get a nice product. I tried using just salt on a few pelts, but wasn't thrilled with the result. I have used straight borax for decades, but I think I will give Mike's 50:50 mix a try. It...
  7. S

Good news for fish. Puget sound net pen permits not renewed.

Gotta give credit to WFC on this one. Their "Our Sound Our Salmon" campaign led the charge on this and got it done.
  8. S

Bombshell Court Victory: Chinook Harvest Harms Southern Resident Killer Whales and Wild Chinook

Sorry for the duplicate post. Didn't see this before I posted☹
  9. S

WFC wins Alaska Chinook harvest lawsuit

This could get very interesting!! The only remedy I can think of is to curtail the Alaska troll fishery for Chinook to get more Chinook into the Salish sea. WFC won by summary judgement. Wonder how this is going to play out...
  10. S

NFR Spilling gas in the house makes your wife mad...

My mother was furious when she came home to find my motorcycle in the middle of the kitchen for a service. My argument that it I could not do the work outside because it was raining wasn't well received. That was 45 years ago. First time I ever heard her use foul language😀.
  11. S

Help a Wounded Warrior

Donated
  12. S

NFR motorcycles

That's a beauty. Used to ride BSAs, Triumphs and a cafe racer Triton back in the 70s and 80s. I keep looking for a good old British bike for sale for nostalgic reasons. Would love to ride again. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it.
  13. S

Member Status

Last night was fun. Maybe I should change my status to "kelt"😁