Recent content by majpreal

1. majpreal

NFR EV's?

There's an upstart EV company called Canoo that has an interesting platform, but they have not delivered anything yet although it appears they have large fleet commitments from some big names. The have a van and a pickup that are just modifications of one platform. The pickup sort of reminds...
  2. majpreal

Cell Coverage Question

That's interesting as I'm fairly certain Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon's network.
  3. majpreal

Winter tires..

I have them on my Outback as well. I live on the East slope of the Cascades (Cle Elum) and my street is halfway down a steep hill and they are a excellent in tandem w/ the Outback's AWD.
  4. majpreal

Fly Gear Auction

Thought I’d pass along a link to a Seattle area (Burien, but it appears they’ll ship) fly gear auction in case it’s of any interest. Hopefully it’s ok to post links here. My apologies to the Mods if it’s not allowed. https://ctbids.com/estate-sale/19193
  5. majpreal

SFR I-90

It's not a life hack, it's deliberate theft. Aren't we better than this?
  6. majpreal

NF CDA - mid October

I was just there the weekend after Labor Day and it was fishing good. Not sure about regs so you might want to call a local fly shop. Castaway is right off the road you take to head up river after exiting the freeway at Kingston.
  7. 6D306378-BB7E-42E0-AEB8-40359F41E926.jpeg

6D306378-BB7E-42E0-AEB8-40359F41E926.jpeg

8. 98A1FE91-321E-4AF0-9361-AADFCF5F20A7.jpeg

98A1FE91-321E-4AF0-9361-AADFCF5F20A7.jpeg

9. majpreal

Dumbest Thing On The River

Tried to wade across a river when I was a newb without knowing how to read the river. The current swept my feet out and I fell face first w/ head pointed upstream. Instant wader fill up and was heading down towards a deep hole with a knarly tree root ball protruding well out into the river. Was...
  10. majpreal

Day Pack's While Fishing?

I've been using an older version of the Patagonia Hybrid vest for years. When I'm spending a day wading on the river, I need the hydration pack and it's designed for that. Vest type setup in front, hydration pack in the back. Not for everyone but has served me well...
  11. majpreal

Shitty Situation

That or she was using it as Bitcoin storage.
  12. majpreal

Shitty Situation

100% agree. If I dropped my phone on the FLOOR of a pit toilet room, I'd contemplate leaving it there, let alone down the hole. But evidently the desire to write snarky Twitter comments and check your likes on Insta preclude sanitary common sense for some.
  13. majpreal

Shitty Situation

Coming soon to the Apple store: The Shitstick - a Magsafe charger (pic below) on a Tenkara rod.
  14. majpreal

Waterfront house for sale!

In a typical real estate transaction, the commission would be split meaning each agent (technically each agent's office) would earn 1.5% but that assumes the listing agent is having Russ pay all the staging, photography, videography and marketing expenses. If the agent is covering those, they...
  15. majpreal

NFR Electric Truck

Not sure if this has already been brought up, but this is a pretty interesting EV platform in the truck/van space. https://www.canoo.com/pickup/