Shitty Situation

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sometime in the past a guy was arrested after being spotted in a womens vault toilet in a state park on the central California coast. He had rubber boots and full rain gear on.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Why do you all turn your noses up at something like this. I used to pump Septic tanks for a living. It doesn't smell that bad. It all smells like shit. American's shit doesn't smell that bad. But shit from Latin people really does smell bad. Must be all those spices they use, These odd kind of jobs are neat. You learn a whole lot of odd things from people.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Why do you all turn your noses up at something like this. I used to pump Septic tanks for a living. It doesn't smell that bad. It all smells like shit. American's shit doesn't smell that bad. But shit from Latin people really does smell bad. Must be all those spices they use, These odd kind of jobs are neat. You learn a whole lot of odd things from people.

Well, there's pumping it and then there's diving into it, I can pump it, flush it, even step in it, but I sure don't want to dive into it and go swimming in it 🤪

cheers

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
She had some MacGyver skills since she took part of the head apart before beginning the rescue mission.
She needs to beef up that dog leash though to close the deal.
I see a product liability lawsuit in the future. ;)
SF

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe she was experienced enough to throw down a large landing pad of TP ahead of time, which may have protected her phone to an extent.

Man, what a nightmare.

That is pro level for protecting oneself from some greasy full bodied sportsman's hotdog spray in the public pit or sanican. For me though it's not safe enough. I will under no circumstances enter one. Like a wolf I will not enter the confined space of stench and awfulness. You're talking to a guy that managed a stealth outdoor movement at a packed Tom Petty concert after briefly entering one and seeing the inhumane conditions presented. Like a large cat I did my business with dignity and privacy as well as honoured the land and area by my instinctive burial. I returned to the concert with clean paws and sparked one up. My date was none the wiser. I broke up with her the next day after witnessing her emerge from that horrid stink box of concert poo. She was beautiful and rare but alas, any lady that would sit in those conditions was far too tainted for even my sensibilities. I just couldn't shake the image of her inside that most horrible of places. She did not understand. I told her she likely never would.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
As a partial Latin person, I was not sure if I should be offended by this. Still not sure but the statement “it doesn’t smell that bad. It all smells like shit” has me grinning ear to ear ;).

If PNWFlyfishing ever makes t-shirts, OMJ quotes needs to be a series and this needs to be one of them.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Coming soon to the Apple store: The Shitstick - a Magsafe charger (pic below) on a Tenkara rod. View attachment 12201

Truth be told I would have left my phone there. I mean it's shitty to leave it behind but I don't need it that bad. No way in hell I'm dismantling the shitter to get it. That's what phone insurance is for and if I don't got it I'm buying another one. I just can't put it to my face to talk knowing where it was. Sometimes when something is so unclean it can never be clean again.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Truth be told I would have left my phone there. I mean it's shitty to leave it behind but I don't need it that bad. No way in hell I'm dismantling the shitter to get it. That's what phone insurance is for and if I don't got it I'm buying another one. I just can't put it to my face to talk knowing where it was. Sometimes when something is so unclean it can never be clean again.

cheers

Joe H

Just Hatched
Sometime in the past a guy was arrested after being spotted in a womens vault toilet in a state park on the central California coast. He had rubber boots and full rain gear on.
This.
He was the butcher at my local Vons store in SLO.
It was at Montana de Orro State Park in 1989.
Nude, wrapped in cellophane, wearing a scuba mask!

We had his newspaper mug shot on our refrigerator.

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
That is pro level for protecting oneself from some greasy full bodied sportsman's hotdog spray in the public pit or sanican. For me though it's not safe enough. I will under no circumstances enter one. Like a wolf I will not enter the confined space of stench and awfulness. You're talking to a guy that managed a stealth outdoor movement at a packed Tom Petty concert after briefly entering one and seeing the inhumane conditions presented. Like a large cat I did my business with dignity and privacy as well as honoured the land and area by my instinctive burial. I returned to the concert with clean paws and sparked one up. My date was none the wiser. I broke up with her the next day after witnessing her emerge from that horrid stink box of concert poo. She was beautiful and rare but alas, any lady that would sit in those conditions was far too tainted for even my sensibilities. I just couldn't shake the image of her inside that most horrible of places. She did not understand. I told her she likely never would.
Give her some credit, maybe she had good hovering skills.

majpreal

Steelhead
100% agree. If I dropped my phone on the FLOOR of a pit toilet room, I'd contemplate leaving it there, let alone down the hole. But evidently the desire to write snarky Twitter comments and check your likes on Insta preclude sanitary common sense for some.

chrome/22

Low profile operator
Forum Supporter
She had some MacGyver skills since she took part of the head apart before beginning the rescue mission.
She needs to beef up that dog leash though to close the deal.
I see a product liability lawsuit in the future.

I had a situation where my car keys flipped out of my pocket & choked down into the crapper tube right @ the big flush, was out with my buddies eating breakfast. I just came out of the bathroom I said.... well that's the one in a million shot and asked my buddies for a ride home had new keys made and moved on.

Hey but that's me.

c/22

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Give her some credit, maybe she had good hovering skills.

It was a tough one for sure. My buddy thought I was crazy. I believe his words were if she jumped in and was covered in blue dye he would still pursue her relentlessly. Maybe I'm unrealistic? Maybe there's a reason I've never been married? Maybe I'm some kind of monster? I feel a strong drink and some soul searching coming on. Sometimes a man thinks he sees one thing in the mirror but really it's his reflection looking back at him contemplating the idiot looking in. Tough questions to be sure. Portable toilets have always brought out the existential questions in me. Probably because I won't go inside. Maybe I'm afraid to address the stench inside myself that is unknowingly rotting my soul? I'm sorry Katie. It was me, not you. I know there's no going back but you should know that I still think of you fondly before you went into that horrible place.

hookedonthefly

Just Hatched
Had a friend/employee who had, what we call, a “splash back” on a pit toilet on an “S” river. He was traumatized. Took off clothing and bathed in +-50 degree water. He wasn’t the same the rest of the day. To make it even more funny, there was a Wag Bag system on the boat that I used. 🤣

MELinOre

Steelhead
The only plausible reason that I can think of for trying to retrieve her phone is that there was "incriminating evidence" contained in it.