Recent content by Joe M

1. J

Not fly fishing, but

Who would think you‘d catch a tarpon on a Cape Cod beach? OCEAN, BAY & BEACH URI student makes rare catch off Cape Cod by: Allison Shinskey Posted: Aug 17, 2023 / 07:28 PM EDT Updated: Aug 18, 2023 / 10:54 PM EDT (WPRI) — Hans Brings made quite the catch earlier this week. The University of...
  2. J

For those who carry on the river

They‘d have to find the body before they could sue you.
  3. J

Beckler river

Bear spray...for the bears or tweakers, or is it multi purpose at that point?
  4. J

Morrish Mouse Help

I'll try adding some weight on the bend. Thanks for the input!
  5. J

Morrish Mouse Help

I'm using Daiichi 2770 Specialty Hooks. Listed as for use with "Deer Hair Bass Bugs, Divers, Frogs & Mice."
  6. J

Morrish Mouse Help

I've tied up a bunch of Morrish Mouse flies for bass fishing. They work great, but about 30% of the time, they hit the water upside down. Not sure if this is the result of user error, design malfunction or a normal thing for this pattern. Input on correcting any of these issues would be...
  7. J

Awesome Dogs of PNW

She's at about 8-10. Not that she always pays attention to them!
  8. J

Awesome Dogs of PNW

My new 4 year old deaf boxer I recently rescued.
  9. 7AC054CE-0FA1-450E-9A5A-F4EFD59ED9DB_1_102_o.jpeg

7AC054CE-0FA1-450E-9A5A-F4EFD59ED9DB_1_102_o.jpeg

10. J

Favorite Fly Shops

Two shops in particular stand out- Avid Angler- Ryan and his staff are a incredible resource for patterns, tying techniques and locations. Madison River Fishing Co- Years back on a trip to Ennis, my wife had given me a float trip on the Madison as a birthday gift through another Ennis shop...