NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
That last play was pretty dang funny. All the drama and buildup. Niners call timeout when they see a goofy formation. Announcers excited to see what McCarthy has been working on for this end of game scenario.

Zeke hikes ball, gets destroyed trying to block, Dak throws 10 yards downfield and receiver gets destroyed before he can even blink. Game over. Priceless.

To be fair though, Dak tried his best to throw the game away on the first play of the drive. He clearly knew that last play wasn't gonna work anyway.

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
To be fair though, Dak tried his best to throw the game away on the first play of the drive. He clearly knew that last play wasn't gonna work anyway.

I was so confused why armstead didnt destroy him for the safety. but then when they showed the reply, it honestly looked like he thought he already threw the ball and didnt want to hit him and get called for a penalty looked really heads up.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
They maybe had a chance for a Hail Mary had their TE got both feet in.
Then again….it’s the Cowboys.
Will be interesting to hear all of Jerry Jones excuses, threats and promises for next year.
The Cowboys, the Notre Dame of pro football.
SF

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I was so confused why armstead didnt destroy him for the safety. but then when they showed the reply, it honestly looked like he thought he already threw the ball and didnt want to hit him and get called for a penalty looked really heads up.

Yeah to me it seemed what should have been a game ending play was a victim of all the new rules protecting the qb. I assumed that Armstead pulled up because he just assumed Dak would get rid of the ball and then he'd get flagged if he hit him. After all no QB would be dumb enough to still have the ball in his hands, in the end zone, when he's about to get destroyed for a safety, right?

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That’s true but there are 52 multi-millionaires on that team but Cousins was the only player to tip him.
I am quite sure that there are not 52 multi-millionaires on that team. There are not 52 millionaires. I appreciate the gesture too, but he has a lot more money than any of the other players. A whole lot more money. Dude made 36 million this year.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Yeah to me it seemed what should have been a game ending play was a victim of all the new rules protecting the qb. I assumed that Armstead pulled up because he just assumed Dak would get rid of the ball and then he'd get flagged if he hit him. After all no QB would be dumb enough to still have the ball in his hands, in the end zone, when he's about to get destroyed for a safety, right?
Agree, that’s how I saw it

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The best part of this is that Jerry Jones didn't win once again. Wonderful! When you consider all of the chatter right now about Sean Payton being an excellent hire as a result of winning a Super Bowl 14 years ago, it is easy to see why a coach with experience is so desirable in the NFL. Jerry Jones once fired a coach that won consecutive Super Bowls. Monstrously rich? Yes. Mental giant? Not even close.

Jones also invested $160,000,000 in Dak Prescott, how has that worked out? Brock Purdy was a $3,700,000 investment by the Niners-a bit more bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.