NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
... I could not in a million years make that jump ...

GO CHIEFS, FOREVER!!!!!

Cheers
Well let me put it this way , I don’t care what team you are a fan of , if you don’t enjoy watching the Chiefs play football, then you need a reality check . It was a poor choice of words a fan of the Chiefs , but I do look forward to watching Mahomes play football.

Do I watch all the Raiders games , yes . Not a lot of enjoyment, but Sunday was the highlight of the year , there is no team I’d rather see them beat , then the Seahawks, it was even more enjoyable when the Seahawks were in the AFC west .

RCF

Life of the Party
G
Well let me put it this way , I don’t care what team you are a fan of , if you don’t enjoy watching the Chiefs play football, then you need a reality check . It was a poor choice of words a fan of the Chiefs , but I do look forward to watching Mahomes play football.

Do I watch all the Raiders games , yes . Not a lot of enjoyment, but Sunday was the highlight of the year , there is no team I’d rather see them beat , then the Seahawks, it was even more enjoyable when the Seahawks were in the AFC west .
Go Eagles!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Russell Wilson is the most mocked, and if he keeps playing like he has he will be the most hated in Denver...at least.
Not meaning to keep piling on poor Russell, but please help me understand how the Broncos can be doing so poorly this season. It can't be that Wilson went from pretty damn talented to zero talent and skill over night. Yet that is what his first season with the Broncos looks like. What are the factors that explain such misery?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Not meaning to keep piling on poor Russell, but please help me understand how the Broncos can be doing so poorly this season. It can't be that Wilson went from pretty damn talented to zero talent and skill over night. Yet that is what his first season with the Broncos looks like. What are the factors that explain such misery?
Wilson is not THE problem. He is A problem, but not the only one. Coaching, bad offensive planning (perhaps Russ is having too much influence here, but hard to say), and players not executing properly are all contributing (on offense). The whole offense is broken, and Russ is only exacerbating that.

I think that even though he's lost a step, and doesn't seem to have a lot of the same miracle-making magic he used to, a good coach could game plan to make him work. That isn't happening. Stop planning your offense around the QB Russ thinks he is, and stick him in to a system that uses what strengths he has left, with the limited talent he has around him.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
man, I'm at a loss here...this season has been far worse than the last several (it ain't close either)....no way a guy goes from throwing 40 TDs 2 years ago to what the same guy is putting out right now....something is amiss....

OR, it's the biggest highway robbery since the Herschel Walker trade....but at least Walker played really well for several years.

For the moment, I'll reserve my absolute judgement on this until next year, but if that ends up being much of the same....well.....

I just wish can'tHackett woulda been canned after his debacle week one....tried to give that guy the benefit of the doubt, but may as well cut the cord there now.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
It is pretty improbable that he would not perform well but lots of people called it as it is now
I don't think they really called it as it really IS now, cause that's worst case scenario, which no one who is honest could have predicted. I think much of that was that they wanted it to happen.....so congrats to those who wanted it to happen, I guess.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I don't think they really called it as it really IS now, cause that's worst case scenario, which no one who is honest could have predicted. I think much of that was that they wanted it to happen.....so congrats to those who wanted it to happen, I guess.
Many of us started to see the cracks forming the last few seasons. I was very on board with selling while his value was high and was relieved when they did.

Russ is a weird one where he looks good on stat sheets, but then you watch a game and see how he was usually quite bad for three quarters then somehow does just enough to pull it off at the end. Possibly taking advantage of a tired defense? You'd then forget all the 3 and outs before that. That all worked until it didn't.

Anyone who's watched a lot of Russ the last few years shouldn't be all that surprised at his decline. Maybe to the severity of the decline, but not the decline itself. the severity is mostly because the lack of coaching/supporting cast.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Lots of problems in Denver.
Last I heard they had 21 players injured. None of these players have played with Wilson. This is important because Russ will scramble, whether he needs to or not. When a QB breaks out of the pocket several things need to happen. The linemen need to not go downfield and the receivers need to work back to the QB being the two most important. If you are a receiver and you are open raise up your hand so that short guy can see you.

Coaching. Hackett is new and even the great Rogers, (reigning MVP?) struggled in his first season with him. They need to coach to his strengths and not to what they think he should do. Seattle was good at this however because he was such a scrambler they never really addressed the O-line...in fact they treated the line as unimportant because Russell was usually on the move. As soon as he is gone they make a good trade and draft two first rounders for the line and viola! Now Seattle has a pocket for their passer and it shows.

Last off season I was hoping they would have traded for Jimmy G. They could have gotten him for a song and a couple of Brady's old flat footballs.

It's gonna be a couple of rough years in Denver. They have no draft capital to trade so They'll have to sell whatever good and healthy players they have - which are mostly on defense - which will create a whole other series of problems.

Reactions: smc
Status
Not open for further replies.