What are your plans for October and November?

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Do you just boil it? I've been doing my own euro mounts as well. Looks good. I like to use expanding foam in the cavity (using masking tape to protect smaller cavities) and use that as my means of mounting to my board.
I just boil it with some hair product, I’d have to look and see what it is. I spray it off with water then apply more, then rinse and let dry. I haven’t mounted then to anything yet. I just buy an L bracket and hang them up. This is last years Whitetail.
D80C66CD-9488-4339-A3AE-CF5286BB056B.jpeg

Uptonogood

PNW raised
I just boil it with some hair product, I’d have to look and see what it is. I spray it off with water then apply more, then rinse and let dry. I haven’t mounted then to anything yet. I just buy an L bracket and hang them up. This is last years Whitetail.
View attachment 38693
I much prefer the plain skull mount you have here. It just looks more natural than mounted on a block of wood. That’s a very lovely whitetail by the way!

Last edited:

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Maybe geese. I've been out two days for pheasants/upland birds on public land here east of the CBP. I did see a meadowlark. And a quail gave me the wing from inside a hawthore thicket. Otherwise, nothing. Dugan had fun.

I think the days of wild bird hunting in Eastern Washington are over. My son and son-in-law don't hunt, and there's no sense in teaching my grandson. It's just a guess, but he's not gonna think busting coulees for 5 days to see a hen go over the ridge is much fun. And I don't think private pheasant ranches are much fun. I'd rather buy a chicken.

Good on ya guys who can go to MT or the Dakotas, and good for you guys above who got some nice animals.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Maybe geese. I've been out two days for pheasants/upland birds on public land here east of the CBP. I did see a meadowlark. And a quail gave me the wing from inside a hawthore thicket. Otherwise, nothing. Dugan had fun.

I think the days of wild bird hunting in Eastern Washington are over. My son and son-in-law don't hunt, and there's no sense in teaching my grandson. It's just a guess, but he's not gonna think busting coulees for 5 days to see a hen go over the ridge is much fun. And I don't think private pheasant ranches are much fun. I'd rather buy a chicken.

Good on ya guys who can go to MT or the Dakotas, and good for you guys above who got some nice animals.
Don’t give up, wild birds are still around in certain parts of Easter Wa. You may have to knock on a few doors, but it’s worth a shot.

Reactions: HOG

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
The Idaho Black Powder Elk season started yesterday and I'll be out chasing elk for a few days this week. One of my best friends drew a WA moose tag so I'll be headed to Curlew next week to hunt with him then back to finish November here in ID. December 2nd I'll be back to NE WA for the the second half of the late archery season.

I'm having a blast being overwhelmed by all of the opportunity my new home state offers. Being a lifelong WA resident made things pretty simple...one weapon and really only one season for me based on my schedule.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
The Idaho Black Powder Elk season started yesterday and I'll be out chasing elk for a few days this week. One of my best friends drew a WA moose tag so I'll be headed to Curlew next week to hunt with him then back to finish November here in ID. December 2nd I'll be back to NE WA for the the second half of the late archery season.

I'm having a blast being overwhelmed by all of the opportunity my new home state offers. Being a lifelong WA resident made things pretty simple...one weapon and really only one season for me based on my schedule.
Sounds awesome, best of luck on those hunts! It’s starting to get cold. Hopefully it will have critters moving.