Prepare for the influx of dirtbags!

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
Every time I gear fish I lose more money than fly fishing. Forcing me to spend more on tackle, almost the opposite of the typical dirtbag slang in skiing/climbing/etc.

Hell usually the gear guys have a couple hundred in terminal tackle alone meanwhile I’m throwing hooks with dog fur and sparkles from the dollar store.
But who’s catching more fish? 😉

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Every time I gear fish I lose more money than fly fishing. Forcing me to spend more on tackle, almost the opposite of the typical dirtbag slang in skiing/climbing/etc.

Hell usually the gear guys have a couple hundred in terminal tackle alone meanwhile I’m throwing hooks with dog fur and sparkles from the dollar store.
When a chum breaks my running line on a log and I'm out 120 in lines alone, I dont feel too bad for them lol.

This from a guy who has lost thousands in terminal tackle lol

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
Oh by the way. Can you please keep us dirtbags and savages in the Extracurriculars?
Don’t want to ruffle any feathers.
Nothing to see here.

All said in fun. Thanks for having me!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Oh by the way. Can you please keep us dirtbags and savages in the Extracurriculars?
Don’t want to ruffle any feathers.
Nothing to see here.

All said in fun. Thanks for having me
I'm considering giving it it's own section of the forum folks can hide if they aren't in to it. Going to give it some thought for a bit depending on how things go here.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Considering that I'm currently on my way to walleye camp with my dirtbag sibs, dirtbag husband, two spinning rods, 47 lbs of jigs, and a case of Shore Lunch breading for my favorite annual fishing trip... 😁

Welcome aboard, y'all!

I feel personally attacked….only because it’s true. 😂

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
It's all in fun here. If the wheels ever do get off track Josh, Billy, and Evan do a good job of roping it in.

BlackLabsMatter

Just Hatched
I read “The River Why.”

I also built my most recent fly rod.

P

Ever cast a fly to black rockfish boiling on the surface? Match the hatch, with an imitation hand-tied crab spawn? :geek:

It's about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

Yeah, it's not exactly purist - surely wouldn't use an Orvis bamboo rod or anything like that.

Just good ole' boy dirtbag type of gear!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Another dirtbag checking in. Does trolling a coho fly count?
Only if you catch it, the coho that is. Bucktailing can be done with either a conventional gear rod or a fly rod. Maybe it's only fly fishing when trolled on a fly rod? Life can be so complicated. I try to keep my fishing simple.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
ok i made it over. DIRTBAG. tho i gotta say i once bought 5 black woolly buggers.. still got em. used one once. that pretty much sums up my entire fly fishing experience. anybody wanna buy 4 unused black woolly buggers ;)
What size? : )

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Dirtbaggery's got nuthin' on us elitist prick fly fishing purists. We eat our own over conflicts between swinging flies or dirty azz nymphing, which can only be made worse by substituting "beads" for nymphs. It's gotten thick in the past, I tell ya', though I think we're mostly over it by now. Oh, I suppose there's still a few of the "upstream, drag free, dry fly" persuasion, but I think they keep their heads low. For good reason. Just wanted to lay out a hearty welcome to all brothers and sisters of the angle.