Search results

  1. skyriver

    Single Hand not Spey

    I read the whole thread before I realized you didn't say Single hand spey. 😁 I would think a fast rod like the CPX would do even better with a 6wt OBS on it. Having fished a fair amount of sink tips both overhead, roll cast and single hand skagit the heavier the main line or head the easier...
  2. skyriver

    Cortland collection

    Some might think these reels are too light. By the time you get all the backing on that skinny little arbor they weight about right. At least for a graphite rod. I can see where they might be a bit light for bamboo. Also just a note- the 60 is the exact same diameter as the 80, but the spool...
  3. skyriver

    Cortland collection

    The Cortland LTD 80 and Cortland Crown II were my first decent reels back in the 80s. Both made in England. I don't use the Crown much anymore, but I still use the LTD all the time. In fact, I have 2 extra spools for it and they all get worked at different times of the year. And I recently...
  4. skyriver

    A lot more smoke on the water

    Man, you're making this weekend warrior jealous! Glad to see u "working" on them.
  5. skyriver

    SFR Old Trails Fire Update

    The in-the-pocket gambling apps are going to destroy a LOT of lives. Mostly the ones that use it, but this takes it to another level. The fact you can bet on nearly anything with a couple clicks is really scary and does bring a strange, but obvious motivation for things like fires. Supposedly...
  6. skyriver

    CAPR chronicles part 37.9

    I'm in. My 165S Lowe has a fisherman's seat in the front. And I have a cheap push pole. Banks Lake or one of Jim's secret spots on Sept 5th or 6th? Or the 19th or 20th?
  7. skyriver

    CAPR chronicles part 37.9

    When I heard about Peach Beach RV park opening next door to Maryhill State Park I thought "I wonder how many carp skeletons are still there." 😁 We threw nearly every one we snagged in the 80s up into the bushes there. And we snagged a LOT. 🤮
  8. skyriver

    CAPR chronicles part 37.9

    Randy probably got to his life-time quota for toothy critters. 😁
  9. skyriver

    SFR Old Trails Fire Update

    Yeah I can't imagine trying to get fire insurance in California right now. Oregon and Washington have probably already gone up too. Even here in western WA suburbia I worry about wildfire. I smell idiots burning trash in their back yards during burn bans on red flag days all the time. Our...
  10. skyriver

    Poor Man's 8ft Hopper

    I've fished and rowed out of a boat with the NRS low-back (tractor) seat. It's great for rowing. Not so much for watching your bobber. My compromise was the padded, plastic folding chair like this one- I'm like @RCF and the long back will thank you for a full seat back. NRS actually makes the...
  11. skyriver

    #Fliesforspokane fundraiser

    What Billy said! 👆
  12. skyriver

    #Fliesforspokane fundraiser

    This is so awesome Josh. So cool to see so many people on Instagram and FB getting involved and helping. Your actions will help many! #FliesforSpokane
  13. skyriver

    SFR Old Trails Fire Update

    So sorry man. I hope the insurance thing goes as well as it can go. Just awful. Stay safe!
  14. skyriver

    Question for you smokers...

    Oh, I thought you were gonna ask full flavor, lights or menthols. 😁 I'm slacking this year. The Traeger has only been hot once since February. My man card is in jeopardy.
  15. skyriver

    John Day

    Not sure about Thursday, but the AQI in Wasco is 184 right now and the river is at 38cfs. Gonna be 98 on Thursday. Good call.
  16. skyriver

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    They're not quite in the premium category, but they sure felt like it when I finally put them on my F150. Bilstein 5100s. If you have a F150, especially the FX4, and wince at every bump because of the sucky Ford shocks, get the 5100s. I should've done it right away, even though the truck only...
  17. skyriver

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    Viking Ocean Cruises We did Athens to Venice with stops in the following- Olympia (Katakolon) Greece Corfu Greece Kotor Montenegro The surprise of the trip! Definitely going back. Grayling, browns and huchen as well as fishing the salt. Dubrovnik Croatia Split Croatia The smaller ship meant we...
  18. skyriver

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    Kinda like some of the bead bro guides do on some of our steelhead runs. Gotta love it when you are floating down the river, get to one of your favorite runs, see a drift boat below and think "oh good, they're leaving" only to realize the guide is actually rowing like a mad man back UP the river...
  19. skyriver

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    When I see $17,800 per person I think of all the fantastic guided day trips I could do. Or all the kickass DIY trips I could do.
Back
Top