What's in your vise?

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
IMG-6704.jpg
IMG-6705.jpg
I just realized these are on a turned down eye... what's the reason ??

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm tying up some stuff for a buddy who's headed to Hawaii in May. I'll probably add some Borski Slider type of stuff once it's all said and done. I'll be sending him mostly baitfish stuff though cause I really hate tying anything else (probably comes as a shock to many....:LOL:)
PXL_20240331_005822779.MP~2.jpg

anyone have additional ideas of what he'll need? @Brute ?
He'll be on Oahu and DIY. I've never fished there, so can't really give him a good idea where to go, although I think he's already got a pretty good idea. I told him not to expect a whole lot, but some of those weird reef fish can still be really fun! (hell, I still remember hooking a little barracuda and a goatfish in between trying to entice a little trigger on Kauai some ten years ago and that was a blast!).

Last edited:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm tying up some stuff for a buddy who's headed to Hawaii in May. I'll probably add some Borski Slider type of stuff once it's all said and done. I'll be sending him mostly baitfish stuff though cause I really hate tying anything else (probably comes as a shock to many....:LOL:)
View attachment 108812

He'll be on Oahu and DIY. I've never fished there, so can't really give him a good idea where to go, although I think he's already got a pretty good idea. I told him not to expect a whole lot, but some of those weird reef fish can still be really fun! (hell, I still remember hooking a little barracuda and a goatfish in between trying to entice a little trigger on Kauai some ten years ago and that was a blast!).
If he’s fishing for bones, pretty much most of the south shore is wadeable from Hawaii Kai to Waikiki…baitfish patterns would be for cuda’s & jacks…same place…

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
View attachment 108812

He'll be on Oahu and DIY. I've never fished there, so can't really give him a good idea where to go, although I think he's already got a pretty good idea. I told him not to expect a whole lot, but some of those weird reef fish can still be really fun! (hell, I stillmy faveclouser remember hooking a little barracuda and a goatfish in between trying to entice a little trigger on Kauai some ten years ago and that was a blast!).
really nice...maybe throw in some Rainbow Clousers as well.

1711857366550.png

SpeyrodGB

Steelhead
View attachment 108812

I would think a few deceivers and half and half’s. Just a thought.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
View attachment 108812

IMG_3879.jpeg
Tie some of these…size 4 & 6

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpeg
    IMG_3879.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 0