Hook – Mustad R73
Thread – Yellow
Body – 2mm green foam and yellow ice dubbing
Wing – Deer hair and krystal flash
Legs – Striped rubber legs

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Like this hopper for its simplicity, thanks for posting. I'll be tying up a couple dozen of these in different colors for sure and putting to use later this summer with buddies.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
They're weightless dumbell eyes from sightcastflyfishing. Those are size large.
Was about to ask! Do you ever have issues with them breaking? My knockoffs do frequently enough that I stopped using them altogether.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Was about to ask! Do you ever have issues with them breaking? My knockoffs do frequently enough that I stopped using them altogether.
They are pretty damn durable, have not one failed yet. That perch fly have hit the rocks, snagged on branches, bass eat and still perfect. Thanks to @jasmillo for jumping out of the boat to retrieve it yesterday. I do coat the pupil with sally hansen for a bit of extra protection and shine though.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Nice! Bring some in white/tan too!
I should be able to find room in the box for a few ...although, I'm currently at 3 decent sized boxes....yes, I know I have a problem. 😆

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
They are pretty damn durable, have not one failed yet. That perch fly have hit the rocks, snagged on branches, bass eat and still perfect. Thanks to @jasmillo for jumping out of the boat to retrieve it yesterday. I do coat the pupil with sally hansen for a bit of extra protection and shine though.

That was not a favor, that was a man who is 25lbs overweight cooling off ;). My overheated feet and lower calves appreciated your miscalculated cast immensely.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Old-Tactical-Black-Ant-1080.jpg

Black Ant

Hook - Jig style
Bead - Black/black nickel brass or tungsten
Ribbing - Silver wire
Body - Black tying thread built up to a taper
Legs - Hungarian partridge or any other soft hackle

From an internet video

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Black Ant

Hook - Jig style
Bead - Black/black nickel brass or tungsten
Ribbing - Silver wire
Body - Black tying thread built up to a taper
Legs - Hungarian partridge or any other soft hackle

From an internet video
I’m going to copy that one! What size hook and bead are you using? Thanks.