What's in your vise?

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Drew’s Top Shelf Hopper

52624061168_6bbf9f2ed4_c.jpg

52624015585_92cd1d580a_c.jpg

52624015580_119b6778ee_c.jpg

Hopper, beetle, general terrestrial pattern; here’s his video if you’re interested. Never had much use for this shade of Ice Dub (more of a pinkish/orange color) until now; didn’t really go with anything I was tying until I got some of that peach foam.

hook - Sierra 2312bl #12
thread - Uni 6/0 tan
abdomen - Ice Dub cinnamon
body - 2mm foam tan/peach
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
legs - medium rubber corn snake
hackle - Cree

Regards,
Scott
Nice
That gal will float

Wes Penny

Steelhead
I really, really dig that top one. What’s the body? Looks like maybe corded up embroidery thread? What’s the bugginess coming from below your tie in of the hair (not the colored bit).
Thanks 😊
The body is micro chenille (Textreme cinnamon) and the buggy stuff is tan Vicuna Standard dubbing.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Ballou-Special-1080.jpg

Ballou Special

Hook - Mustad 3665A
Thread – Black
Tail – 2 Golden pheasant crests, curved down
Body – Silver tinsel
Wing – White marabou, over red bucktail
Topping – Peacock herl
Eyes – Jungle cock

The Ballou Special | PuckerbrushFlies

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Like I did with the muddler heads I'm just going to have to practice. Last night during that totally engrossing game I put a hook in, wrapped some thread and just started putting wings on. Somewhere thumb and middle finger came into it instead of index finger, and that helped a bit, along with one loop, let gravity pull the bobbin down straight, then add a second and third wrap in front. I got a couple to collapse on top, but often they folded over, then go crooked. I think I need to make sure my wing pinch is vertical and hold it the whole time with even pressure, and pull the thread down a bit to collapse. I think I'm letting my finger pressure go at the wrong time and it folds. I'll get there.
Pull up instead after 2 loose wraps. Will lasso everything if you get what I'm saying. Pulling down puts outward pressure pulling your wing apart

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Tied in a big game shank (probably close to 3"), I attached 2 split rings off the back. Currently have a 4/0 Owner Herring hook attached. On the shank, I have foam on the top and about 1/3 of the way down, there are small dumbbell eyes underneath to both counter balance and provide instability. Lots of bucktail, some nayat, saddle hackles, a touch of flash and a bit of titan dub for the head.....oh, and a couple shades of brown copic marker. About 7-8" on this one.

adXHq0B.jpg

iQsdv5L.jpg