What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I'm with @clarkman on the return to Baja. 4 months and counting.

I'm with @mcswny on just getting out. I haven't been out since before Xmas due to illness and weather. I'm going to be in the DC area for February, so if I don't get out soon it won't be until mid-March.

I've also been dreaming a little bit about Tuna, and looking forward to that too.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Something later this week. Snows melting, rivers registering above zero. Grandkids first. Had a fever for 3 days so I haven't seen them in a while. No grand plans, really no desire to travel much anymore.

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
Plunking for spring Chinook with a decent cigar in hand. Exploring some small summer streams with a 2wt, maybe an alpine lake

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind turning the time machine dial back a few decades and fishing a small winter steelhead stream with snow coming down on a dropping river. Dream on, I know....

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This may sound a bit sad …: but for years a decade plus at minimum we always camped for 3-4 days at Deception Pass as a family. Sometimes twice in a summer season. For fishing…Many times with a couple seats, a coke, some bags of chips, and spinning rods with the son and power bait. 😬
Other times the fly rod both in salt and cranberry. But mainly is was a great get away with some above average amenities 😊 and lots of family fun with bikes, hiking, and all kinds of flying objects being tossed back and forth. But since covid we have not made it back. I’m hoping we do soon. But kids grow up and the things they did back them don’t jive today. I’m looking to get one more in. Be a tough sale. But Deception Pass State park is awesome when the kids are of a certain age. They love it!!!

And oh my gosh the fishing is usually decent to great. Many a fish caught between Pass-Cranberry- Ocean - and accommodates all styles. The beach walking is better… and if you have a family dog she or he’ll sleep like never before 😆

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
This time of year I start planning the Flings at the ranch. I look at dates between Mothers Day and Memorial Day for the Spring Fling. Some of the gang are still working. And several come from other states. This year there will be a bamboo fling after Memorial Day. And then there’s the Fall. I’ve inherited what used to take place in Winthrop with another friend. In between there’s all the options at the ranch. It really has become the center of fishing for me. There’s a possibility of heading to Wyoming with Scott to visit Steve and check out the local fishing. Time will tell…

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Going to Costa rica in May. Hoping to sneak into nicaragua (legally lol) for a day or two and hit some tarpon in lake cocibolca (lake nicauragua).
Or worst case, there are some rivers in Costa Rica with them also.
Gone after tarpon in coastal Belize, but small ones are all I found.

Giant fuckers in that lake. Think pound for pound largest tarpon in the world.
Pic stolen off internet, alot of pics like this size.
download (5).jpeg

Last edited: