What Are You Eating?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Haven't had potato leek soup in ages, but I like it. Also like scallops and beets, but have never had golden ones. Are they different from red ones, besides the color, that is? What wine did you have with that meal? Costco didn't have any box chardonnay the other day, so I've run low on white.
Being low/out of white wine shouldn't be a problem...after all...it's not like anyone is going to actually drink it, so unless you are cooking with it you should be fine.
😁

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Haven't had potato leek soup in ages, but I like it. Also like scallops and beets, but have never had golden ones. Are they different from red ones, besides the color, that is? What wine did you have with that meal? Costco didn't have any box chardonnay the other day, so I've run low on white.
Golden beets are more mild
They are a bit milder, and no red stained hands...

My wife enjoyed the rest of the Sauvignon Blanc I made the reduction sauce with...I guzzled beer...

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
I just made up a batch of Ceviche. A frozen vacuum packed piece of Ahi from the supermarket, diced onions, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice. I let it sit overnight in the fridge. It has been a long time since I have done this, and almost had forgotten how good it is. Ceviche has what I call the "gulp factor". At a party it will not last long.... much like my guacamole.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Just got everything prepped and in the oven for a long slow cook. These cold days are good time for the braised meats and mega comfort type foods.
Wash it all down with some good wine, listen to some fine music and a nice toasty fire.
🙂

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
And at times not so great ones fall into the same trap. What are the odds of consecutive posts on Posole?

Bagman

Steelhead
Great minds think alike…
eva
I made a great buy on pork, Isn’t odd pork at my store is pork is cheaper then chicken oh well, so I made Chile verde, served with beans and flour torts, we had that for dinner on the first night, but we didn’t really want it again and I had made so much of it and didn’t want to freeze it, so it’s posole green with pork. My teacher in SoCal only made red posole with chicken but my wife likes green, so green it is. I looked back but was not able to find who it was that uses fire roasted tomatoes in his posole, but they were in my Chile verde, so I just added a table spoon of pre made menudo spice mix and hominy we really liked it with the tang that the tomato gave. Here’s what was left in the pot, I picked up the menudo spice mix from Amazon, this is one of my friends Little additive for her red posole, that I add to my green posole and from now on some tomatoes. A big thanks to who ever added tomatoes into their posole.

Attachments

• IMG_5292.jpeg
    IMG_5292.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5293.jpeg
    IMG_5293.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 7