Washington-Seattle area tolls

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Driving in a toll lane is a luxury. Each of us can choose if we want that luxury.

But gasoline is a whole another story. EV's are not there yet for many of us for various reasons. And now the state is looking at charging us vehicle per mile traveled to recover the 'losses' from reduced gas usage due to EV's.
Only government can create chaos, then tax it, to fix what they created.

Ironically, they are allowed to do it (robbery) by people who put them there with their eyes wide open.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
The new Narrows Bridge will be paid off one day earlier then anticipated due to my weekend activity. 😉
SF

RCF

Life of the Party
Only government can create chaos, then tax it, to fix what they created.

Ironically, they are allowed to do it (robbery) by people who put them there with their eyes wide open.

The real question is ---> can they fix what they created?

My answer only has two letters.

RCF

Life of the Party
Food for thought:

Vehicle/gas taxes/tolls are IMHO ridiculous in Washington:

Tolling is for easing congestion and for funding and maintaining major transportation projects.

License tab fees help support Washington state's transportation system and motor vehicle fund. It funds accounts such as ferry operations, state patrol, and transportation improvement across the state

Motor vehicle sales/use taxes are used to Finance transportation improvements.

Washington charges a $0.494 per gallon gas tax, in the top 3 in the nation, for debt service on DOT highway projects and also dedicated to earthquake retrofitting projects for bridges and infrastructure in this seismically active state.

The recently passed Cap and Trade Act helps reduce transportation emissions by investing in alternatives and reductions to single occupancy passenger vehicles. Not sure/clear what it does or how it is funded by but some/many say that it is one of the major reasons for higher gas prices.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Food for thought:

Vehicle/gas taxes/tolls are IMHO ridiculous in Washington:

Tolling is for easing congestion and for funding and maintaining major transportation projects.

License tab fees help support Washington state's transportation system and motor vehicle fund. It funds accounts such as ferry operations, state patrol, and transportation improvement across the state

Motor vehicle sales/use taxes are used to Finance transportation improvements.

Washington charges a $0.494 per gallon gas tax, in the top 3 in the nation, for debt service on DOT highway projects and also dedicated to earthquake retrofitting projects for bridges and infrastructure in this seismically active state.

The recently passed Cap and Trade Act helps reduce transportation emissions by investing in alternatives and reductions to single occupancy passenger vehicles. Not sure/clear what it does or how it is funded by but some/many say that it is one of the major reasons for higher gas prices.
No laws or taxes will reduce emissions.
They aren't environmental regulations they are environmental punishments and they accomplish nothing. They are just hatred towards oil and gas companies.
The only thing done in America that has actually slowed the increase in emissions was changing from coal to natural gas.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
The Good-to-Go pass has a little switch on it. Show green and they take your green. Show red and they don’t. Flip the switch, not your lid.

Follow me for more life hacks.

JudyM

Steelhead
Found on the site of "No Toll Army", I know it is long, but has info on tolls in Washington, too.
:

I'll be driving local....

Last edited:

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
We were up in Bellingham visiting a friend, had to get back to OR for some biz, hit morning commute in Seattle...after spending large chunks barely moving, pulled into the pay lane to get the hell out of the city...and then the bill showed up in the mail a week later...friggin expensive 5 miles.
Is there a pay lane in Seattle? The only tolls I know are thd 520 bridge and the tunnel.

Dave

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Is there a pay lane in Seattle? The only tolls I know are thd 520 bridge and the tunnel.

Dave
I-405...
The I-405 Express Toll Lanes and SR 167 HOT Lanes are a form of HOV lane that can also be used by non-HOV drivers who choose to pay a toll. Drivers who do not qualify as a carpool have the choice to pay a toll for a faster trip when they need it. Toll rates adjust every few minutes based on real-time traffic conditions to keep traffic in these lanes moving

JudyM

Steelhead

She is only attempting to quash all the voices that disapprove of the tolls. She will “un-Shelf” the plans when the project is completed and then it’s all activated by a simple flip of a switch.

Last edited:

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846

She is only attempting to quash all the voices that disapprove of the tolls. She will “un-Shelf” the plans when the project is completed and then it’s all activated by a simple flip of a switch.
I like people who understand the backhanded crookedness of our current leaders. I concur… 🤘🏼😁🤘🏼

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Good to Go is a bit odd in my opinion. They send you an email with your account summary of something to that extent, but never notify you when the auto debt your account. Every other account I have set up to do so always notifies me when they've taken a payment. Maybe I have my account preferences set incorrectly?
I have mine auto fill with $30.00 every time the balance hits $8.00. That covers both vehicles for maybe a month depending how often I use 520 or the Narrows Bridge. I used to be able to deduct the tolls on my taxes, but not any longer.
SF

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know I'll come off as some anti government hate monger but here we go. Here in Washington we pay the highest gas tax in the nation to go for roads and transportation infrastructure. Yet as a motorcycle enthusiast I'm keenly aware of the shit surfaces and horrid condition much of this stuff is in. It's not a tax revenue problem. The problem is a lack of leadership on what gets done with the funds. I'm aware I must pay taxes. Yet it's never enough. The government is essentially a business that is under no incentive to provide you a product you pay for but you must pay or be incarcerated. With a system of zero accountability or incentive I don't see that changing. So I'll continue to pay sales tax with money I got taxed on via income tax along with the myriad other fees that it takes to keep a big inefficient government system looking for more. It's really pretty sad when you think about it. And spare me the "if we only taxed billionaires" routine. I guarantee you the waste without just accelerate to the point where it wasn't enough again and we would be looking for more from everywhere else while our elected leaders squabble over bullshit to avoid a "shutdown". A shutdown should freeze legislators salary first, not the military guy with a mortgage. I have so little faith in the circus anymore.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't pay the tolls!!! I REFUSE!!! I just smear mud all over my license plates!!!! That way they can't tell who I am!!!! Can't believe no one else knows to do this!!!!

You're a true American patriot Jim. If there was a main amendment to make you tax exempt I would vote for it.