Washington-Seattle area tolls

JudyM

Steelhead
As y'all might know that Oregon is fighting tolls on our roads. Don't know if y'all know about Washington tolls, especially in the Seattle area: $15 tolls/segment start today in Seattle ... to drive from south of Seattle up to the north of Seattle on SR-167 and I-405 (the equivalent of our I-205) will cost $45 – that's not a typo, 3 segments x $15 per segment = $$$45

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
That's in the toll lane only right? I'm lucky I do not really commute and only go up the 5 to see my kids at school in B'ham. The only tolls I've seen are going over to Bothell but they were lane specific so I didn't pay a dime.

Dave

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
As y'all might know that Oregon is fighting tolls on our roads. Don't know if y'all know about Washington tolls, especially in the Seattle area: $15 tolls/segment start today in Seattle ... to drive from south of Seattle up to the north of Seattle on SR-167 and I-405 (the equivalent of our I-205) will cost $45 – that's not a typo, 3 segments x $15 per segment = $$$45
In the “Lexus lanes”

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I don't love paying tolls. That said...

to drive from south of Seattle up to the north of Seattle on SR-167 and I-405 (the equivalent of our I-205) will cost $45 – that's not a typo, 3 segments x $15 per segment = $$$45
This is not completely accurate information.

They aren't toll highways (turnpikes), just specific lanes on those highways that you can choose to pay to use if you have the cash. Tolls range from $1-15 based on traffic conditions and time of day.

Also worth noting that the lanes are free to use from 8pm-5am, on major holidays, and are free all the time if you qualify as a carpool. Or, just use the 405/167 non-toll lanes or take I-5.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
My take on tolls. I am not opposed to tolls for the construction of new projects only.
Once the tolls collected pay off the project the toll must go away and the state must work maintaining the project into their regular budget.

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
My take on tolls. I am not opposed to tolls for the construction of new projects only.
Once the tolls collected pay off the project the toll must go away and the state must work maintaining the project into their regular budget.
Rob you and I both know that once the government takes your money for something they are never going to voluntarily give it up once the expense is paid. They'll just say we need it for something else and we'll keep paying.....

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Rob you and I both know that once the government takes your money for something they are never going to voluntarily give it up once the expense is paid. They'll just say we need it for something else and we'll keep paying.....
True.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I can remember giving change to people at the booths on mercer island and at the east end of the new lake washington bridges.

Last edited: