UV Resin

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I've never used this stuff. I see that it comes in thin, medium, and thick. Which do you guys prefer?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Flex is handy as well.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Does aqua seal harden up?
It does, but also remains a little flexible. It's for repairing wet suits and waders and does the UV cure. After you open the tube and are done using it for the day, put it in the freezer until you need it again.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
If you have aqua seal, you likely don’t need flex then. Very similar when dry. Kind of rubbery feeling when dry.
SF

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Watch this video, before you start using it. It's not as innocuous as many think it is.

I've moved away from using UV resin, except where it is essential. Using it, with the proper safety measures, is too much of a hassle.

Really interesting, I didn't now this was a thing. So far, I'm having no adverse reactions when I use it.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
If that stuff ends up drying tacky, you can either hit it with an alcohol wipe or coat it with Sally Hansen’s.
SF
I just make a habit of this....nothing I've ever used is 100% tack free and I've used a lot of different ones. Unless I can take them outside to soak in the sun, I'll throw on a coat of clear coat like Sally Hansen's.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Watch this video, before you start using it. It's not as innocuous as many think it is.

I've moved away from using UV resin, except where it is essential. Using it, with the proper safety measures, is too much of a hassle.

That’s exactly what happens to me
Think I’ll try the aqua seal
Thank you

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I have that allergic reaction to it, too - but only to Solarez. Which is unfortunate, because that one seems to have the least-tacky cure!
Like SF and Clarkman, I give it a quick coat of nail polish. I use SH Insta Dry, though. Dries very fast - under a minute - and there's a clear version with iridescent glitter if you want a little bling.