Trout and their lairs

I started out calling this thread "Trout and their lies" as in where they "lie" in the stream, but I thought it might create the wrong impression! :)
I tend not to take many pictures of fish anymore; after a while they all look the same. But, I love to see pictures of fish holding water. That's what captures my imagination. What fly would I use? Where will the fish be holding? Where would I make the cast? So, I wanted to start a thread that pairs pictures of a trout's lie with the fish caught there. I don't want to see generic fish pictures and stream pictures. Only pics of the fish that came from that lie. I'm sure you've got some; let's see 'em.

east Cascade River 2.jpeg

east Cascade rainbow 3.jpeg

I love teasing fish out from under cut banks. Sometimes it is amazing how little they will move from under cover to take a fly. If the fly isn't ticking the grass above its head as it drifts by the fish won't take it.

Here's one from a stream in Idaho. Water flowing right to left; cutt was tucked under the bank about middle of the pic.
Idaho stream lie.JPG.jpeg
Idaho stream cutt.JPG.jpeg

And one from a stream a little farther afield - southern Patagonia. Water flowing right to left; fish right where the grass over the cutbank dips down to the water. It was amazing how little flow and how big the fish were in this spring creek!
Patagonia stream 1 lie.jpeg

Patagonia stream 1 brown.jpeg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Look just past the outlet and you see color change where the lake drops off.

DSC_3798.jpg

Whenever the wind dies down, the fish will come up.

DSC_3689.jpg

DSC_3737.jpg