NFR Tree ID

Non-fishing related

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
The English Holly tree is an invasive/noxious tree in Washington, Oregon and BC among other places...
English Holly sucks for sure 😁 We should rename this thread or start a new one about our most hated trees and weeds. Actually I might just do that 🤣

Reactions: RCF

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
English Holly sucks for sure 😁 We should rename this thread or start a new one about our most hated trees and weeds. Actually I might just do that 🤣
Yeah if we just start naming non native plants we find particularly vexing, this could go on quite a while.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Knotweed...Japanese knotweed, bohemian knotweed, giant knotweed, and hybrids of these damned polygonum spp.
The one benefit (and this is really trying to find some good) of knotweed is when there's bears around, you can tell where they are, or travel. They knock the knotweed down when they walk through it and it creates a pretty visible trail around coho creeks and it's really obvious where they are/have been.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I think that is a washington hawthorn. We have the fireberry and coloumbia around here (I think). Quite prolific.
I hate it, and the thorns. We were running survey line about 2 miles in off Biscuit Ridge when my machete bounced of the hawthorn limb and cut into my wrist exposing gleaming white bone. My rod man went into shock and became useless. I packed and carried the instrument, then kicked his ass all the way out while holding the wound closed over my head. Then I had to drive to St. Marys as he couldn't stop shaking.
I got full function back after the neurosurgeon did his stuff.

Attachments

• 20221115_063136[1].jpg
    20221115_063136[1].jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 6

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Game plan is to rip root wads out with a chain and tractor. Don't need anymore invasives. I have 400 + yards of fence line overcome with Himalayan blackberry up to 8feet tall and downed Alders to clean up also o_O
Blackberries. Another one that just doesn't want to let you kill them. Get a few goats and let them get rid of them berries.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Blackberries. Another one that just doesn't want to let you kill them. Get a few goats and let them get rid of them berries.
We just put down the 2 sheep that lived down there, they were super old and had health issues. The sheep never touched the berries. I have friends with goats, maybe I can borrow a few