Top 10 trout lakes in Washington (you’re welcome😉)

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
That was 2-1/2 minutes utterly wasted . . .

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
After reading the replies I opted not to open the thread, I'll find my daily dose of bullshit somewhere else. Plus I'm sure that the Obscure Lakes Program would dispute any attempt at a top 10 list. By definition obscure lakes get little buzz and are relatively difficult to discover. The newly minted fly fishermen require GPS coordinates, line type recommendations, fly type and color, suggestions for rod wt and most of all, pictures.

Since we only fish on weekdays and never blab, our zipper lips lakes are reasonably secure. For now anyway.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
On the bright side he didn't mention any of my top ten lakes. You can always tell when someone ain't from around here by the way they pronounce place names.

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I also liked the shot of downtown Seattle as seen from the east side of Lake Washington that showed up in the opening of the segment on Lake Roosevelt.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Here's my version of this topic based on AI

10 Best Fishing Lakes in Washington State for Fly Fishing

Washington State is a paradise for fly fishermen, offering a diverse range of lakes, rivers, and streams. Whether you’re a seasoned angler or a beginner, these fishing spots are worth exploring:

1. Yakima River: Stretching 214 miles, the Yakima River is Washington’s longest river. It originates in the Stuart Mountain Range, flows through basalt canyons, and eventually meets the Columbia River. The Yakima supports wild populations of trout and is becoming a premier fly fishing destination.
  2. Lake Washington: Located near Seattle, Lake Washington is the second-largest lake in the state. It’s home to brown, rainbow, and cutthroat trout. The lake’s proximity to the city makes it accessible for urban anglers.
  3. Lake Kapowsin: Covering about 500 acres, Lake Kapowsin near Mount Rainier offers excellent fishing opportunities. It’s known for its healthy trout population.
  4. American Lake: This Pierce County lake is stocked with rainbow trout and also has largemouth bass and yellow perch.
  5. Banks Lake: A reservoir on the Columbia River, Banks Lake is famous for its walleye and bass fishing. It’s a great spot for both beginners and experienced anglers.
  6. Lake Sammamish: Close to Seattle, Lake Sammamish provides opportunities for trout, bass, and kokanee salmon fishing.
  7. Potholes Reservoir: Located in Grant County, Potholes Reservoir is known for its bass, walleye, and crappie fishing. It’s especially popular during spring and fall.
  8. Roosevelt Lake: This massive lake on the Columbia River is home to rainbow trout, kokanee, and walleye. It’s a favorite among boat anglers.
  9. Lenice Lake: Part of the Lenice-Nunnally chain of lakes, Lenice Lake is a selective gear fishery. It’s a serene spot for fly fishing.
  10. Chopaka Lake: Tucked away near Loomis, Chopaka Lake offers solitude and excellent trout fishing. It’s a hidden gem for fly anglers.