Tigers (the musky variety) patterns.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Speaking of "what's on the inside"....

Tied in a big game shank (probably close to 3"), I attached 2 split rings off the back. Currently have a 4/0 Owner Herring hook attached. On the shank, I have foam on the top and about 1/3 of the way down, there are small dumbbell eyes underneath to both counter balance and provide instability. Lots of bucktail, some nayat, saddle hackles, a touch of flash and a bit of titan dub for the head.....oh, and a couple shades of brown copic marker.

1000002147.jpg

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am very interested in large fly construction. Some of the floats, keeling techniques, other additives to get the desired action. Can’t wait swim some things

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Speaking of "what's on the inside"....

Tied in a big game shank (probably close to 3"), I attached 2 split rings off the back. Currently have a 4/0 Owner Herring hook attached. On the shank, I have foam on the top and about 1/3 of the way down, there are small dumbbell eyes underneath to both counter balance and provide instability. Lots of bucktail, some nayat, saddle hackles, a touch of flash and a bit of titan dub for the head.....oh, and a couple shades of brown copic marker.

View attachment 49991
I like the use of the marker
I add brown but it is material. Adds a lot of bulk
Coloring the white is a great change up

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I like the use of the marker
I add brown but it is material. Adds a lot of bulk
Coloring the white is a great change up
The copic markers hold their color pretty well...way better than sharpies. Then again, it also depends on materials. The titan dubbing holds color really well.