Tigers (the musky variety) patterns.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I thought I'd restart this over here....pulling stuff from elsewhere to start...

SBS for my latest (I'll have the completed photo in the vise thread as well)--not my actual latest....but it was at the time...

4/0 Ahrex TP light with a 4mm rattle tucked into the body tubing
2HhXW3I.jpg

gray AA Bohen's bucktail
UaJd6kr.jpg

copper/black flashabou
7iRhKrC.jpg

black synthetic--probably some nightmare musky stuff (I can't remember exactly, but similar to SF, but longer and slightly more limp)
Vb4iwG4.jpg

black A Bohen's bucktail
RDpUajQ.jpg

copper/black flashabou
yMG0CkN.jpg

two purple saddle hackles (short/fat)
YvFpeUs.jpg

foam disc (cut to size)
xcXbvLP.jpg

black A Bohen's bucktail
nfMMmWI.jpg

rainbow crinkle flashbou (not sure if this is exactly what it's called)
USYIanW.jpg

long chartreuse/grizzly saddle hackle
64YMiJ9.jpg

gray AA Bohen's bucktail
m6Eyl89.jpg

short pink/grizzly saddle hackle
oHihuAm.jpg

dubbed head (vampire sheep hair) reverse tied with 8.5mm dragon eyes
D7FPSyE.jpg

Done....it's that simple.

Cheers!

View attachment 271395

View attachment 271397

Last edited:

Kinigit

Smolt
I love the foam discs, body tubing is cool but not my favorite to work with. Definitely going to give those a try.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I thought I'd restart this over here....pulling stuff from elsewhere to start...

SBS for my latest (I'll have the completed photo in the vise thread as well)--not my actual latest....but it was at the time...

4/0 Ahrex TP light with a 4mm rattle tucked into the body tubing
2HhXW3I.jpg

gray AA Bohen's bucktail
UaJd6kr.jpg

copper/black flashabou
7iRhKrC.jpg

black synthetic--probably some nightmare musky stuff (I can't remember exactly, but similar to SF, but longer and slightly more limp)
Vb4iwG4.jpg

black A Bohen's bucktail
RDpUajQ.jpg

copper/black flashabou
yMG0CkN.jpg

two purple saddle hackles (short/fat)
YvFpeUs.jpg

foam disc (cut to size)
xcXbvLP.jpg

black A Bohen's bucktail
nfMMmWI.jpg

rainbow crinkle flashbou (not sure if this is exactly what it's called)
USYIanW.jpg

long chartreuse/grizzly saddle hackle
64YMiJ9.jpg

gray AA Bohen's bucktail
m6Eyl89.jpg

short pink/grizzly saddle hackle
oHihuAm.jpg

dubbed head (vampire sheep hair) reverse tied with 8.5mm dragon eyes
D7FPSyE.jpg

Done....it's that simple.

Cheers!

View attachment 271395

View attachment 271397

So cool to see the sbs, been wondering the process for awhile.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Only problem with the Musky Fool buck tail is they seem to be temporarily out of the good stuff. Keep trying as the other stuff can be pretty short - especially when you don’t get to select it by hand.
Great SBS @clarkman

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Only problem with the Musky Fool buck tail is they seem to be temporarily out of the good stuff. Keep trying as the other stuff can be pretty short - especially when you don’t get to select it by hand.
Great SBS @clarkman
Appreciate the kind words...

It should be noted that even the A tails are damn nice. Nicer than anything you'll ever find commercially. I ended up with several of colors that weren't exactly (they're always out of black) what I was after (I knew this already) and absolutely love them.

Kinigit

Smolt
So I tried following this using what I had where I needed to. Does this look somewhat close, any pointers? Second how the heck do I get and keep the eyes attached? I hate eyes, they always fall off on me. I think I made the head a bit bulky, it's EP and what I had on hand. Thanks @clarkman I'd love to see and try some others. The flies you so graciously shared a while back are a bit humbling. Next I'll try that trash panda.

Attachments

• PXL_20220523_000325815.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220523_000325815.PORTRAIT.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20220523_001613508.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220523_001613508.PORTRAIT.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 14

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
To my eye it looks a little fat up front, but it's really tough for me to judge based on a pic, plus, the true test is to see how it behaves in the water. I truly believe that action means more than nearly everything else combined. The looks are more for your own confidence....that said, if you're not confident in a pattern because of the looks, you're not going to fish it well.

I'll try to get another SBS up of my most recent iteration. A few minor tweaks, but they really make a big difference in certain subtle movements.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I really like this!

I like the other one, but for some reason, I can never get the spun/trimmed bucktail/deer head to swim properly. It's most likely a me problem....
Have to agree…it caught my eye!!