Three flavors

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There is something out there about the Fall damsel migration. Hit it big once, and on Monday after several slow, though beauiful hours in fallvember, sank a balanced damsel 17' under indicator in 18'. Game on. 10 takedowns in short order. Gad it is fun when it all works. Worth a cigar......

Attachments

• 20221103_144050.jpg
    20221103_144050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

dep

Steelhead
looks like I need to up my game and add jig fishing to my arsenal.
question: when I buy the jig hooks, will they have the bead/weight already, or do I buy separate?

thx

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
looks like I need to up my game and add jig fishing to my arsenal.
question: when I buy the jig hooks, will they have the bead/weight already, or do I buy separate?

thx
Paul has given you a good idea on jig tying - do you remember the MYTH that tying your own would save you money? ;-) Good luck with your adventure into jig pattern tying. A few forum members have suggested jig patterns are just a trend or fad; I don't know about that but I will say they've accounted for a lot of fish to hand for this old guy.

dep

Steelhead
I'll start rounding up the supplies I need - mainly the hooks and nails.
thanks for all the feedback - great Forum!

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I'll start rounding up the supplies I need - mainly the hooks and nails.
thanks for all the feedback - great Forum!
If you’re going to tie balanced leeches, straight pins with the metal ends work well. Slide a standard tungsten bead onto the pin and trim it down to fit the hook. The examples in this thread are #12 jig hooks with 2.8 mm tungsten beads on a pin. Phil Rowley has some good demos on YT.

Slotted beads work with Jig-style hooks, no pin required!