This Ain't Good...As A Matter Of Fact, Damn Sad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I generally see more people being helpful to others than people being rude to others.

I'm engaged with young people 4-6 days/week, 10 months out of the year....this is my 13th year. I see far more good kids than I do bad kids....the ratio of good to bad isn't even close. The bad kids tend to take up a disproportionate amount of our time and energy but that's just the way it is. There are some truly AMAZING young people out there.

The key to seeing it is being around them enough to have an opinion. The occasional interaction with a young person isn't a good gauge of anything.

*if you are a person who believes today's youth needs help then volunteer to help instead of complaining about how terrible they are going to be as adults...that statement is not directed at the OP...that's for everyone:)
Can’t like this enough

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
No because it's a known fact that the world is spherical. In this instance you'd be factually incorrect.
The flat earthers don't believe your "known fact." Believing that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. A fact is only a fact when it can be proven through empirical and objective means. It appears that you still have a ways to go Rob in discerning the difference between your opinion of what is a fact and what is a demonstrable fact, based on one of your posts a few posts back.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
The flat earthers don't believe your "known fact." Believing that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. A fact is only a fact when it can be proven through empirical and objective means. It appears that you still have a ways to go Rob in discerning the difference between your opinion of what is a fact and what is a demonstrable fact, based on one of your posts a few posts back.
What is true is so by it's very nature and is not subject to varied opinions.
Likewise what is true is not influenced by human knowledge.
Just because humans don't know something to be true doesn't keep it from being true.

You and I show up to a run on the Grande Rhond. I look at it and say "There is a steelhead in that run."
You think to yourself "this idiot, we have fished 10 runs today that looked just like this and we haven't had a bump, there's no fish here "

Both of us have opinions based on the best data we have. One of us is wrong. There is a fish there or there is not.

We fish the run and don't move a thing.

We do not know and never will know if there is a steelhead there or not however one of us is still right and the other wrong. One opinion is invalid we just don't know which one. Our lack of knowledge has no impact on the truth.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
You'd know a lot more than salmo and I and your opinion would be the most likely to be true.
Not if I snorkeled my fat-ass through first and scared all the fish away.

Status
Not open for further replies.