NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flymph

Steelhead
Little history: Corn ethanol was never intended as an end-game for biofuels, it was just a convenient starter crop, proof of concept. Corn was chosen because the crop breeding was mature, farmers could grow it, production / fermentation were scalable, and it was politically palatable. But corn was never the goal, it’s energetic inefficiency was known since Pimentel’s work in the 1970s. DOE knew this and stated upfront a desire to start with corn (for convenience) and then transition to more efficient feedstocks (like switchgrass, which produces far more ethanol than corn per acre, and also grows well on marginal land). Yet here we are. Change is hard, even in “renewable” energy.
Wasn't this Bush 2's answer to his lawyer's new term "Climate Change". You know the lawyers it didn't like the term Global Warming. The water involved with raising enough corn to make this happen . . . . . .

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Wasn't this Bush 2's answer to his lawyer's new term "Climate Change". You know the lawyers it didn't like the term Global Warming. The water involved with raising enough corn to make this happen . . . . . .
Yeah, if there is a shortage of one thing on the planet, it's fresh water. It doesn't make much sense turning fresh water indirectly into fuel. Plus even low percentage blends of biofuel into gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel has a significant increase in the amount of NOx in the exhaust stream.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just because you believe that, doesn't make it so. The government gets revenue from many things that aren't taxpayer dollars. You should read up on it.

False. I'm not going to go here with you but I'll leave you with this. There is not a single dime the government has ever produced that did not originate with taxpayer funds. You can obfuscate that any way you want but it doesn't make your statement true. Perhaps you should maybe do some reading as well. A history of the government, taxes, the fed, the government owning land etc. Bottom line is government produces nothing. The nature of government is parasitic not productive no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. All capital made and spent by government originated with value produced by a taxpayer.

Flymph

Steelhead
False. I'm not going to go here with you but I'll leave you with this. There is not a single dime the government has ever produced that did not originate with taxpayer funds. You can obfuscate that any way you want but it doesn't make your statement true. Perhaps you should maybe do some reading as well. A history of the government, taxes, the fed, the government owning land etc. Bottom line is government produces nothing. The nature of government is parasitic not productive no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. All capital made and spent by government originated with value produced by a taxpayer.
But . . . haven't taxpayers been replaced by Cultgivers? It's waaaaay more profitable and you can continue to cut the hell out of taxes for the filthy rich! "Trickle down, Flood up"

SSPey

loco alto!

The enshrinement of corn ethanol as de facto national policy also occurred at this time, under the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Eventual transition to non-corn was stipulated, too, but has failed. An example where systemic change has failed to occur, even when legislated.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
But . . . haven't taxpayers been replaced by Cultgivers? It's waaaaay more profitable and you can continue to cut the hell out of taxes for the filthy rich! "Trickle down, Flood up"

Not today NPR platinum donor mug talking points. Not today. You and Matt can have the obsfucated and unrelated. We're learning about the wonders of corn gas over here.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The enshrinement of corn ethanol as de facto national policy also occurred at this time, under the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Eventual transition to non-corn was stipulated, too, but has failed. An example where systemic change has failed to occur, even when legislated.

Brazil I believe uses sugar cane to produce ethanol. We don't hear much about it but their vehicles have been running a high concentration mixture for a long time.

Flymph

Steelhead
Not today NPR platinum donor mug talking points. Not today. You and Matt can have the obsfucated and unrelated. We're learning about the wonders of corn gas over here.
That would be "Free Speech TV" with no corporate sponsors. You should try it, as it would set you free from all the Government buraracy you keep complaining about.:geek:

• Haha
Reactions: JS

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
wrong...In 2023, wind represents 29% of Texas ( the only state which does not participate in the national electric grid) energy generation, second only to natural gas. At last count they had 15,300 wind turbines, the most of any state, surpassing nuke and coal, and are continually building more.

As to subsidized costs of oil. The US spends 81 billion each to year to protect it's oil interests around the world, not counting the loss of US soldiers. 7000 Americans killed fighting the Sand Wars over the past two decades, our war machine in place consuming 25 millions barrels of oil each year doing so... the scumbags selling us the oil for a profit while using our boys to protect their interests which their own people won't.

Anyone really think if it wasn't for oil we'd give a flying F about the middle east?
Yeah, they are building them as fast as they can. Because of subsidies.. the companies are not making money on them.

This country has wasted a lot more men and money fighting jungle wars for far less noble reasons than protecting oil assets around the world which are of vital importance.
For instance, just to win elections.

81 billion is a bargain.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That would be "Free Speech TV" with no corporate sponsors. You should try it, as it would set you free from all the Government buraracy you keep complaining about.:geek:

Screenshot_20240227-130008_Chrome.jpg

Flymph, Terry here. Please, not today. I'm not addressing these issues today. I've got to get ready for bird note and all things considered.

Last edited:

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Our dogs love Bird Notes..
They cock their heads and listen to the birds tweeting. I like it too, as watching the dogs reaction is far more entertaining than TV, or a lot of other things for that matter. Fun 5 minutes if I am home to watch🐩🐦😂

This country has wasted a lot more men and money fighting jungle wars for far less noble reasons than protecting oil assets around the world which are of vital importance.
sZH4uaD6cuQ4DNzkTrwPvqh4HovfYCbeG-cNvIXbeeo.jpg
Logical fallacy, 10 post penalty, loss of down.
😁

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Our dogs love Bird Notes..
They cock their heads and listen to the birds tweeting. I like it too, as watching the dogs reaction is far more entertaining than TV, or a lot of other things for that matter.

I mean at least you guys can't accuse me of getting all my news from fox news.

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've already given examples of revenue the government receives that did not originate with taxes. Royalties and fees received from the use of public land and federal waters did not originate with taxpayers unless taxpayers money was used to purchase the land.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've already given examples of revenue the government receives that did not originate with taxes. Royalties and fees received from the use of public land and federal waters did not originate with taxpayers unless taxpayers money was used to purchase the land.

Screenshot_20240227-163004_Chrome.jpg

Matt......... Just stop....... Listen to my soothing whisper voice, pour a craft sake, and let it go. We got some great jazz coming up in the next hour........... And if you don't. Well I will begin to slowly remove my clothing. Will that distract you from this fallacy? Well? Will it?

Flymph

Steelhead
NPR, the radio and podcasting giant, does not run traditional advertisements, but nearly one-third of its revenue has come from corporate sponsors like Angie’s List, General Motors, State Farm and Trader Joe’s. Many a long trip home from fishing excursions I have enjoyed "Wait Wait, don't tell me", and "Prarie Home Companion". A lot of the earlier shows are gone and missed.

Reactions: JS

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
You mean the public land and waterways that we the citizens own but are held in trust by government?

Status
Not open for further replies.