THE canyon

DeTQQl4.jpg

Was above the KOA about a mile or so throwing streamers in one of my favorite spots. Nothing... Black, brown, olive, tan, purple. No love except one touch that felt like a reverse strike. As the rod swings through with normal tension, then on the hang down all of a sudden the rod and line goes limp, like the fish hit it from below and kept swimming up river. Raised the rod, felt a slight headshake then gone. .

Then the wind showed up...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Was above the KOA about a mile or so throwing streamers in one of my favorite spots. Nothing... Black, brown, olive, tan, purple. No love except one touch that felt like a reverse strike. As the rod swings through with normal tension, then on the hang down all of a sudden the rod and line goes limp, like the fish hit it from below and kept swimming up river. Raised the rod, felt a slight headshake then gone. .

Yeah, I poked a couple with a streamer, but they didn't stick. Most of my meager numbers came on my standard eggstasy egg (e.g. whitefish crack) although I did get a couple on my tool fly (similar to a 12 HE, but with a 4.6mm rainbow bead). I didn't even bother rigging up the euro rod with that wind.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Somebody mentioned the weather. Here in Butte it is 2 degrees, Supposed to get to 6 today. Tomorrow it is supposed to get to zero degrees in the day time. It won't warm up to above freezing until next week. I can hardly wait.

R

RyRy82

R

RyRy82

That happened to me three times last weekend. Thinking that’s how the winter bites on the swing are.