The Ark Swap - my first fly swap on this site

I'm back! (FINALLY!). I'm the tyer formally know as WWKimba. I didn't provide a crying towel with the swap flies so I will not get into the details-but it was a BIG headache all around.

I want to send you the tying directions for the flies I included in my first swap. I need a bit of help-what are the other 2 patterns I included? I know one was Mary Dette's Spotter Midge pattern- I love post patterns that show that a parachute is NOT the main reason for a post!

Let me know the name of the other two patterns and I'll get the tying directions out that I normally include in my swaps and thank you for your patience!

My next eye surgery is scheduled for the 6th and I figure I'll offer my next swap end of July/beginning of August. Looking to offer a Gilligan Swap (minow patterns for those that don't know about the TV show!).

Kim

Reactions: Zak
I'm getting ready to FINALLY send out the tying info on my 3 fly patterns to you all. I have your addresses BUT I need to cross-ref with your screen names! All I need you to do is provide the CITY for your address, no state needed, and you can PM me if you wish. I have been in contact with Zak and Jake is covered but I don't have the others. I'd like to get the directions mailed by this Wednesday (1st day After the 4-day holiday w/e).

Oh, and these directions will be PRINTED, you've seen my hand writing and you've already suffered more than you needed to!:oops:

I wish you all a happy 4th with your families!

Kim

Please use this new name when you PM, I can not remember my log-in under the "old" handle and can't get on my old E-mail to reset it so this is my new contact info. If you need other verification that this is me, and not some ugly facsimile, I can provide the mailing address you all sent your flies to as proof. (I'll still be ugly, just still the original.:eek:)

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm getting ready to FINALLY send out the tying info on my 3 fly patterns to you all. I have your addresses BUT I need to cross-ref with your screen names! All I need you to do is provide the CITY for your address, no state needed, and you can PM me if you wish. I have been in contact with Zak and Jake is covered but I don't have the others. I'd like to get the directions mailed by this Wednesday (1st day After the 4-day holiday w/e).

Oh, and these directions will be PRINTED, you've seen my hand writing and you've already suffered more than you needed to!:oops:

I wish you all a happy 4th with your families!

Kim

Please use this new name when you PM, I can not remember my log-in under the "old" handle and can't get on my old E-mail to reset it so this is my new contact info. If you need other verification that this is me, and not some ugly facsimile, I can provide the mailing address you all sent your flies to as proof. (I'll still be ugly, just still the original.:eek:)
Why not post the directions for the patterns here, in this thread? That saves on postage and seems easier all around.

A great idea, but I was planning on sending it out when I had my previous problems. Also, I include a bit of history/story behind the pattern as well as the materials list and specifc tying directions. I do this because I all my swaps are open to all level tyers, so I do use these pages as part of my teaching tools. And lastly, I addressed and stamped the envelopes back before my computer was sent in for what I believed was a repair. (I won't send out a bill for this extra postage.;)

Kim

I just finished the directions for the Spotter Midge and it's almost a page long - like I've said before, I have the gift of gab! This would dominate the forum so I'll stick to the paper and mail.

I just realized - I'm sending you ALL the same thing!! - a REAL "I couldda had a V-8 moment!! The mail will be sent out to all of you on Wednesday - Ino need for your city name! (And my hair is grey not BLONDE!o_O)

Kim

• Haha
Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I just realized - I'm sending you ALL the same thing!! - a REAL "I couldda had a V-8 moment!! The mail will be sent out to all of you on Wednesday - Ino need for your city name! (And my hair is grey not BLONDE!o_O)

Kim
If it were me, I'd create a group chat on this site for that swap, and post the directions/recipes once there. But real letters are fun to receive and read!