Stolen Gear Alert

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
You might get it back. My drummer got his kit and cymbals stolen in a smash and grab, and it took a little while, but he eventually got all of his stuff back from about 3 different pawn shops. Minus the pizza hut insulated bag he kept the cymbals in. Fingers crossed for you!

Otter

Steelhead
I don't know how much I'm supposed to/should comment on what I'm told is an active investigation, not that I have a lot of information, but apparently there are some encouraging developments that may result in the capture of the person and, fingers crossed, the return of my gear.
I would not give out any information about an active police investigation. Several reasons for staying quiet, such as:
Guilty persons may be tipped off on ways to avoid getting caught,
witnesses may have their memories tainted, and
vigilantes may get directions to engage, which may put others in harm's way, including police officers.
Things like that could harm the investigation. I would just let the police release any information that they think may help in the case.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I would not give out any information about an active police investigation. Several reasons for staying quiet, such as:
Guilty persons may be tipped off on ways to avoid getting caught,
witnesses may have their memories tainted, and
vigilantes may get directions to engage, which may put others in harm's way, including police officers.
Things like that could harm the investigation. I would just let the police release any information that they think may help in the case.
Yep, my thinking exactly

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm impressed it's an actual police investigation.
I imagine it helps that there are multiple videos of the Burkie Bandit in action, including their vehicle and license plate. When my wife’s business in Seattle had a thief steal 12 iMacs, on video, the SPD threw up their hands and then sat on them. But, score one for the surveillance state this time, I guess.

Edit: Not denigrating the SPD in any way. Increasingly it seems like the good folks in blue are hampered by rules, regulations, and laws that while perhaps well-intended make it hard and, in some cases, near impossible to do their jobs.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Just learned that my reels and rods are in evidence, but it's looking like winter steelhead season is over for me this year. Fingers crossed that I can get them back/released early from evidence before summer season begins.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just learned that my reels and rods are in evidence, but it's looking like winter steelhead season is over for me this year. Fingers crossed that I can get them back/released early from evidence before summer season begins.

Your rods will be detained longer than the criminal who stole them. Tell the cops to take photos and get your stuff back to you. I mean unless they got guys writing in shifts around the clock dusting prints and taking DNA on them. Not likely.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Great news, hope it's not too long before you get them back (ie, wishing for a speedy guilty plea).

cheers

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Well on the bright side, unless you’ve caught some world record fish or we’re dealing with an extra skinny tweaker, pound for pound this might be your gear’s biggest catch.

Sorry about all the headache, man.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Great news! It will be interesting to see how long they keep your stuff. Courts move pretty slow but maybe the guy calls Saul and pleas out quickly.

If your summer season starts on a Columbia trib and you still don't have them back there is a 7127 you can run. I should give the MKS some love anyway...

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Wow you are so lucky! Buy a lotto ticket!