Stolen Gear Alert

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Too bad you can’t take señor methhead out to set some crab pots.
Was a time I’d have been tempted. Once got in a fistfight on the Yak when I got foul hooked by some guy's spinning outfit. He'd let out about a kajillion feet of mono while passed out in a lawnchair.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I really like the idea of getting all my shit pre figured out with insurance. Unfortunately of the 14 rods and as many reels I have, only 2 of the rods and 3 of the reels were actually bought new. I like the used market.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I really like the idea of getting all my shit pre figured out with insurance. Unfortunately of the 14 rods and as many reels I have, only 2 of the rods and 3 of the reels were actually bought new. I like the used market.
Apparently, they’ll cover the old stuff, too. Or, at least, my new company will.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’m pretty sure our insurance is with the same company
Maybe it’s a function of me being a new customer? Maybe it’s a different-state thing? I dunno, the bafflingly byzantine bureaucracy of insurance is beyond me. But I do know I’ve now got (checks insurance list) 21 rods and reels covered, and only about half were bought new. They also covered my canoe and kayaks at more than they cost me in materials, though that did take some back and forth.

The way covering the used stuff was explained to me by the agent was that they cover used cars and houses all the time—they didn’t see rods and reels any differently.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Maybe it’s a function of me being a new customer? Maybe it’s a different-state thing? I dunno, the bafflingly byzantine bureaucracy of insurance is beyond me. But I do know I’ve now got (checks insurance list) 21 rods and reels covered, and only about half were bought new. They also covered my canoe and kayaks at more than they cost me in materials, though that did take some back and forth.

The way covering the used stuff was explained to me by the agent was that they cover used cars and houses all the time—they didn’t see rods and reels any differently.
Looks like I’ve got some work to do! Thanks Jake.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Edit: Considering breakages, I’m actually a bigger threat to my ability to go fishing than a thief. Sent three rods in for repairs in August.
You and me both! It had been years since I had broken a rod, then 2 in 3 weeks!