Spring Creek Pram

keeganc

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to purchase a new Spring Creek from Jim this summer. I'm not sure on if the 8ft or 10ft boat will be best for me. I've read everything I can find online but would really like to sit in one, if possible, to see if my legs fit. I'm in the Seattle area but more than willing to drive to try one on. I'm not looking to buy your boat just see it.
Thanks Keegan

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
You might contact Jim directly about whether he’s taking orders. I saw something about retirement plans.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
If you’re going to trailer it, I would get a 10 footer. I had the 10 ft Hopper 2. It was tight with 2 people and wonderful with one. No such thing as too much room. However if you have to put it in the back of a pickup, lighter is better

Treefrog

Just Hatched
Hi Keegan, I got the 8 foot Stillwater Classic 4 years ago and love it. I'm 5'10" tall. A 6'5" friend bought the 8 foot Hopper II. Still more than enough leg room. He wanted a pram with slightly higher sides which is the Hopper II. Both of us swapped out the tractor seat Jim gives you with a higher back swivel seat which is more comfortable for long periods of sitting at anchor indicator fishing. Because of the leverage of a higher backed seat, the fiberglass pedestal needs reinforcing. I did that myself with a piece of 2" plywood ( 6" square) in order to thru bolt the swivel portion, but Mike had Jim do it.

keeganc

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Hi Treefrog. Thanks for the feedback info. I'm 6'2 and Jim was saying leg room gets tight around that size in the 8ft boats. I was leaning more towards the 8ft Hopper. It's good to hear your tall friend has room in the 8ft boat. I'm still wanting to sit in one before I commit to the Hopper or Still water.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hi Treefrog. Thanks for the feedback info. I'm 6'2 and Jim was saying leg room gets tight around that size in the 8ft boats. I was leaning more towards the 8ft Hopper. It's good to hear your tall friend has room in the 8ft boat. I'm still wanting to sit in one before I commit to the Hopper or Still water.
a friend my size (6'2) who fishes from an 8' pram added spacers to the swivel seat mount base, raising him up several inches, looks very comfortable in it.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
Hi @keeganc .
Did I offer you to try my 8’ Classic pram(maybe it was on WFF.com). Anyhow, if you’re interested in the Classic, I am a short drive to Blackmans Lake in Snohomish. You’re welcome to try it out.

My boat has the pedestal seat manufactured 2” back, offering a bit extra leg room.

keeganc

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Hi @keeganc .
Did I offer you to try my 8’ Classic pram(maybe it was on WFF.com). Anyhow, if you’re interested in the Classic, I am a short drive to Blackmans Lake in Snohomish. You’re welcome to try it out.

My boat has the pedestal seat manufactured 2” back, offering a bit extra leg room.
Hi Jeff, THANK YOU!!! . I really appreciate the offer to sit in your boat. Please let me buy you lunch or something for your time. my phone number is 206 963 5752. If you give me a call, we can coordinate a good time to meet up. looks like I'm about 45 min from the lake.
Thanks Keegan

Essayons

Freshly Spawned
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to purchase a new Spring Creek from Jim this summer. I'm not sure on if the 8ft or 10ft boat will be best for me. I've read everything I can find online but would really like to sit in one, if possible, to see if my legs fit. I'm in the Seattle area but more than willing to drive to try one on. I'm not looking to buy your boat just see it.
Thanks Keegan
Hi Keegan,

You're welcome to come sit in mine.

Dante

Flymph

Steelhead
I was used to plenty of room in my light weight, 12ft. Smoker Craft. I was always intrigued and interested in an 8ft Spring Creek pram that I could "easily" load in the back of my pick up, back up to my favorite lake, and dump the pram in (with all gear on board and ready to fish) and off I go. This sounded so good as opposed to undoing my boat from the roof rack, and making about 3 trips back and forth to load all the necessaries for the day. Well, not enough research never pays off.

1. I never got used to looking straight down over the end of the boat, not stretching out, and relaxing like I was used to in my Smoker.
2. It was a nightmare (for me, maybe not for others)loading this pram back into the back of the truck by myself!

Don't get me wrong, this is a very well built rig made especially for the fly fisherman. Just didn't work out for me.

keeganc

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I was used to plenty of room in my light weight, 12ft. Smoker Craft. I was always intrigued and interested in an 8ft Spring Creek pram that I could "easily" load in the back of my pick up, back up to my favorite lake, and dump the pram in (with all gear on board and ready to fish) and off I go. This sounded so good as opposed to undoing my boat from the roof rack, and making about 3 trips back and forth to load all the necessaries for the day. Well, not enough research never pays off.

1. I never got used to looking straight down over the end of the boat, not stretching out, and relaxing like I was used to in my Smoker.
2. It was a nightmare (for me, maybe not for others)loading this pram back into the back of the truck by myself!

Don't get me wrong, this is a very well built rig made especially for the fly fisherman. Just didn't work out for me.
Hi Bugger Bob. Do you still have your 8ft boat?

keeganc

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter

Do you still have the 8ft pram?