Six Gray Wolves in Washington Were Fatally Poisoned, Officials Say (NY Times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnytutu

Steelhead
Wolf 'stocking' programs have happened around the country. Red wolves included. This isn't just isolated to Yellowstone. Most states don't advertise these programs until there is no longer any way to deny it. "isn't that a wolf?" "nope, clearly a coyote!" ...10 years later.... "hey, we have 12 distinct packs across the state!"
Really? We (us here in Canada) have a long border with you. We have wolves and it's great, I often hear them howling when I'm out in the bush camping and have had the pleasure of seeing them a fair few times. You don't think they step over the border sometimes to places where there is less competition?

Fin

Last edited:

Chadk

Life of the Party
Evidence? (Not counting the red wolf stocking noted in the article about the red wolf recovery program of the USFWS and, of course, the well documented reintroduction to Yellowstone and N. Idaho.)
"Never happened"

"Why not, has happened in several places"

"You have any actual evidence besides these examples of actual evidence?"

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wolf dna has been studied a bit at times.
Obviously any research is a waste of time and money, but this is interesting nonetheless...
;)

You're coming around to the Chromers ram it problem solving technique. Good for you. I say down with science. Let's just do stuff and see what happens to other stuff. School of hard knocks and all. University of life. Down with science I say!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
"Never happened"

"Why not, has happened in several places"

"You have any actual evidence besides these examples of actual evidence?"
Wolves were introduced to Yellowstone, Idaho, and N. Carolina by the USFWS, as reported. Perhaps I should have been more clear. Do you have any credible evidence that wolves were introduced into WA state by USFWS, WDFW, or any other agency?

Reactions: Zak

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
What kind of firearm should I use against ticks?

cheers
Depends.. are you hunting them free range or are you baiting them in?
Free range is more difficult and sporting but baiting them is more painful, especially if they have been on the bait a while.

I prefer hunting ticks by shooting them off the skin of wolves without harming the wolf of course.. takes a high powered scope though

longputt

Steelhead
In Minnesota (as well as any other state with moose), the concern is less about deer and more about moose. Though some herds of deer and elk are more at risk from predation than others.

"DNR researchers said Minnesota’s moose population — which is 47% lower than its peak in 2006 — is still at risk long term" https://wtip.org/minnesota-moose-count-continues-to-provide-reasons-for-optimism/
I hunt antelope in WY and a local rancher told me they were starting to see wolves...he was bummed because moose had started to make a come back in the area and he said the wolves were going to wipe 'em out. I guess wolves really like moose???

Zak

Legend
Wolves were introduced to Yellowstone, Idaho, and N. Carolina by the USFWS, as reported. Perhaps I should have been more clear. Do you have any credible evidence that wolves were introduced into WA state by USFWS, WDFW, or any other agency?
Bucket, er, cage biologists.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just saying it's a pretty light wolf thread. No real name calling or hurt feelings and I don't know about anyone else but I've had some laughs. Anything they gets laughs is good. I say bring on the wolves.

Shit let's release some closer to urban population centers. I mean they are resourceful and could likely make a living off the opportunity niche there. How majestic would it be seeing a pack storm Pike Place Market on a Sunday. Some would be catching those salmon guys like to throw, others mauling weaker individuals, and some simply running a jogger into exhaustion before pouncing and delivering the killing blow around Green Lake. Obesity would plummet, phones would be safe in pockets and eyes up while walking about, a more alert populous who now for the first time feels that visceral feeling to be truly alive. No creature feels more alive than when being hunted. A true hunter man or beast has to admire the instinctive drive of prey to stay alive and is in some way jealous to know this creature is so close to the flame of death and it's electricity. To live there even for a moment is to really live. And to be hunted by one of nature's most feared and respected pack animals, ah that's the stuff that sharpens senses and makes one dig deep into what they really are. That's the stuff of pins and needles and hair standing up. Every cell and nerve in the body and mind coiled, cocked, ready to spring into action beyond the normal.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Really? We (us here in Canada) have a long border with you. We have wolves and it's great, I often hear them howling when I'm out in the bush camping and have had the pleasure of seeing them a fair few times. You don't think they step over the border sometimes to places where there is less competition?

Fin

You just keep your health care and wolves North of the 49th eh. We don't need either down here mucking up the place.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Zak

Legend
Just saying it's a pretty light wolf thread. No real name calling or hurt feelings and I don't know about anyone else but I've had some laughs. Anything they gets laughs is good. I say bring on the wolves.

Shit let's release some closer to urban population centers. I mean they are resourceful and could likely make a living off the opportunity niche there. How majestic would it be seeing a pack storm Pike Place Market on a Sunday. Some would be catching those salmon guys like to throw, others mauling weaker individuals, and some simply running a jogger into exhaustion before pouncing and delivering the killing blow around Green Lake. Obesity would plummet, phones would be safe in pockets and eyes up while walking about, a more alert populous who now for the first time feels that visceral feeling to be truly alive. No creature feels more alive than when being hunted. A true hunter man or beast has to admire the instinctive drive of prey to stay alive and is in some way jealous to know this creature is so close to the flame of death and it's electricity. To live there even for a moment is to really live. And to be hunted by one of nature's most feared and respected pack animals, ah that's the stuff that sharpens senses and makes one dig deep into what they really are. That's the stuff of pins and needles and hair standing up. Every cell and nerve in the body and mind coiled, cocked, ready to spring into action beyond the normal.
I've often thought that humanity needs a predator.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've often thought that humanity needs a predator.

They do. You get to vote them in every so often. They then hire other predators. I mean look at the glorious kill Francine made on YOUR money. She's trotting off all fat and bloody muzzled with your dollars dripping from her lips. Your elected predators in her pack made it possible. It's a team sport fleecing the sheep. To be fair to the analogy though they are more like parasites. Producing nearly nothing but sapping the fruits of your labours.

East Coaster

Steelhead
No creature feels more alive than when being hunted. A true hunter man or beast has to admire the instinctive drive of prey to stay alive and is in some way jealous to know this creature is so close to the flame of death and it's electricity. To live there even for a moment is to really live. And to be hunted by one of nature's most feared and respected pack animals, ah that's the stuff that sharpens senses and makes one dig deep into what they really are. That's the stuff of pins and needles and hair standing up. Every cell and nerve in the body and mind coiled, cocked, ready to spring into action beyond the normal.
Sounds like you need to splash on some "Eau de Bullwinkle" (I think that's the Calvin Klein brand) and head to the NE WA woods..... ;)

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Kind of an interesting video. Looks like they spent a lot of effort on the production.... Including at about the 5:06 mark of the video when it looks a lot like the helicopter pilot clips a tree branch.....

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Kind of an interesting video. Looks like they spent a lot of effort on the production.... Including at about the 5:06 mark of the video when it looks a lot like the helicopter pilot clips a tree branch.....

WDFW is trying to be a social media influencer. Same thing unemployed people without drive and maximum narcissism do. You tell me you're an influencer and what I hear is, "I'm unemployed, self centered, and essentially lazy with an income stemming from my parents or trust fund."

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
WDFW is trying to be a social media influencer. Same thing unemployed people without drive and maximum narcissism do. You tell me you're an influencer and what I hear is, "I'm unemployed, self centered, and essentially lazy with an income stemming from my parents or trust fund."
I would disagree with you, but then I'd be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.