FS SAGE RPLxi

For Sale

Tinker

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I got this from my Uncle's estate back in 2013 and I've never used it, not even to test cast it. I don't believe he had a chance to use it either, because the plastic is still on the fighting butt. The rod is in as new condition, the tube is in good condition but showing it's age.

If I'm not going to use it, it's time it moved on to someone who will.

Asking $365, Priority Mail to U.S. addresses included, other addresses and we'll need to adjust for extra costs.

IMG_0011s.pngIMG_0012s.pngIMG_0016s.pngIMG_0015s.pngIMG_0010s.png

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Looks like a 907-3 (three piece), right?

Love the RPLXi rods.

Tinker

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Looks like a 907-3 (three piece), right?

Love the RPLXi rods.

Yes, the 3-piece. It's a gorgeous rod. This was the second time I can remember ever taking it out of the tube. If I understand the online comments - and the list you posted - it's a medium-fast rod. What do you like about them? I'm probably selling a rod I'll come to regret one of these days...

EDITED: DUH! It took me until just now to see I'd miss-typed it as a "907-4" in the title. Fixed it. SHEESH.

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I've only fished / cast with one once a long time ago when they first came out. A friend had one and let me make a few cast one day when we were out. I just remember it being super smooth and easy to cast compared to the rod I was using that day. Plus they are a really beautiful dark blue color.

The one thing I'm not wild about is that they are all either 3 or 5 piece. If they came in a 4 piece I'd probably have one by now!

Tinker

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I've only fished / cast with one once a long time ago when they first came out. A friend had one and let me make a few cast one day when we were out. I just remember it being super smooth and easy to cast compared to the rod I was using that day. Plus they are a really beautiful dark blue color.

The one thing I'm not wild about is that they are all either 3 or 5 piece. If they came in a 4 piece I'd probably have one by now!

Yeah it is a pretty-looking thing, but what's all this about three-piece rods? On the shelf, the rod tube isn't much longer than the tube for the four piece rod next to it. Is it because of the airlines?

I once owned a nine-foot two piece rod. Now that was a PITA of a long tube to cart around...

flybill

Life of the Party
I would take it in a heart beat, but the timing isn't right unless you're willing to trade something for it. I would cover shipping both ways.. I have plenty of wine and whiskey.. probably a rod or three or reels and lines to trade. No worries if not interested.

Bill

Tinker

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I would take it in a heart beat, but the timing isn't right unless you're willing to trade something for it. I would cover shipping both ways.. I have plenty of wine and whiskey.. probably a rod or three or reels and lines to trade. No worries if not interested.

Bill

Wine and whiskey wouldn't do me one bit of good, Bill, but why don't you PM me with details about what you think would make a good trade and we'll talk about it some more. Can't hurt.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
It is when you break down a rod when it is strung up. There's no way to break it in half. But I have several 3 piece rods myself.
yes, that's what I was thinking when I wrote that. I spent a week on Kodiak Island once and the rod I brought was a 3 piece 8 weight. We left the rods strung up all week and car-hopped from river to river. It was a huge pain to not be able to break the rod in half between fishing spots.

Tinker

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Push to top.

This rod is for sale again. As advertised, it's in really great shape, easily a 9+, and you'll never again see one in this condition for a price this low.