RIP Bobby Knight

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I had a lot of respect for him. A lot of good qualities and some flaws. I had a coach like him who yelled at me all the time. But I just rode my talent and was a fuck up. Later I realized he was so frustrated because he saw the person I could be.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Never a fan, I think he had some self-control issues, but I will give him credit for running a clean program and graduating far more players than most. RIP Coach Knight.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
He was effective but there are other ways to achieve the same result
I guess you have to be yourself and see how it goes

RCF

Life of the Party
I prefer to remember the positive side on Bobby Knight. Was always fun to watch him on the sidelines. Yeah - some of his antics were over the top and I would not of liked being a referee anywhere near him. He cared for his players, expected/demanded the best they could produce and wanted more. A brilliant coach in the game of basketball for 30+ years. He was a winner and so were his teams. His players also graduated at a high percentage. Those characteristics prepared them for later in life.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
He could have done all his great accomplishments without being a complete asshole.

He won't be missed.

JudyM

Steelhead
I remember him saying, "When I die, I want to be buried face down, so the world may kiss my a$$" LOL, not if he was cremated!

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
And say "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it" during a nationally televised interview.
I never heard this shit. That is just so wrong and disgusting. Yeah, maybe some good stuff to take from the man, but obvious "don't be like this jerk" lessons too

Last edited:

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Self absorbed Gas Bag.
Started most every sentence with “ l……..”