Redington warranty/response time ?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
So, last Sunday, I managed to break my Redington Strike 10'6" 3wt euro rod. Total bonehead maneuver too....self netting (buddy was like, standing right there), long stretch, high-stick action on a pretty heavy trout while stretching the opposite direction trying to get it in the net. I sent Redington a message stating as much Sunday evening with what is the best course of action. What is an acceptable time to at least get a response on this? It seems to me that this should occur at least within a couple of days, but I could be off on that.

As an aside, also that evening I happened to check out the Edge site to see if there was a sale going on. Sure enough, I grabbed the 11' 2wt Archetype (same NFC blank as my 9' 5wt) which already arrived yesterday....seems nice, I'll put it to the test this weekend, unless I feel like high-40s and rain on my musky waters (hint, I don't).

Cheers!

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
So, last Sunday, I managed to break my Redington Strike 10'6" 3wt euro rod. Total bonehead maneuver too....self netting (buddy was like, standing right there), long stretch, high-stick action on a pretty heavy trout while stretching the opposite direction trying to get it in the net. I sent Redington a message stating as much Sunday evening with what is the best course of action. What is an acceptable time to at least get a response on this? It seems to me that this should occur at least within a couple of days, but I could be off on that.

As an aside, also that evening I happened to check out the Edge site to see if there was a sale going on. Sure enough, I grabbed the 11' 2wt Archetype (same NFC blank as my 9' 5wt) which already arrived yesterday....seems nice, I'll put it to the test this weekend, unless I feel like high-40s and rain on my musky waters (hint, I don't).

Cheers!
I think you can just buy a replacement tip online @clarkman

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have emailed Sage or is it Far Bank a couple of times this past year. It has taken 2-5 weeks to receive a response. You might be better off trying to call. From my experiences and interactions with those in the industry…. Sage is not the same company it was a decade and more ago. Some might disagree and that’s fine.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I have emailed Sage or is it Far Bank a couple of times this past year. It has taken 2-5 weeks to receive a response. You might be better off trying to call. From my experiences and interactions with those in the industry…. Sage is not the same company it was a decade and more ago. Some might disagree and that’s fine.
Fortunately, right now there's no rush. Thank you for giving me a sense of how long it may take to receive a response via email. If I get antsy, I'll give them a call. My other problem is that I think I may have forgotten to register it (that's so rarely on my radar with all of my small builder glass rods).

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Personally, I wouldn't call or email them.
I'd just get on their website, register the rod (doesn't really matter when you do it), get what you need from them (QR code) and ship it off.
That is how Sage repairs work, so I assume the same for Redington since it is Far Bank running the show.
It could be up to 8-10 weeks to get it repaired or replaced, so the longer you wait the longer you could be without the rod.
SF

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Yes, Redington does their repair process the same as Sage. I recently got my Link 8wt back (in the form of a Crux 8wt) after a couple months. The hiccup there was after I paid the $95 fee it never got marked as paid in the system so it got shuffled away. I had to email a couple times over a couple week period before they realized they had screwed that up, and once they did the replacement went out the door the same afternoon. I have a CT 3wt that should be a warranty repair for a loose cork grip that has been there for about a month now. As far as registration goes, I had all the info for the CT but not the Link, you just need to input something so their computer knows about the rod, they don't care about the exact details.

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Yes, Redington does their repair process the same as Sage. I recently got my Link 8wt back (in the form of a Crux 8wt) after a couple months. The hiccup there was after I paid the $95 fee it never got marked as paid in the system so it got shuffled away. I had to email a couple times over a couple week period before they realized they had screwed that up, and once they did the replacement went out the door the same afternoon. I have a CT 3wt that should be a warranty repair for a loose cork grip that has been there for about a month now. As far as registration goes, I had all the info for the CT but not the Link, you just need to input something so their computer knows about the rod, they don't care about the exact details.
Funny, about 15 minutes ago I just got my completed review email for the CT, confirming that it is a warranty repair. Both repairs were 1 month from receipt to review completed, now we'll see how long this one takes to ship.

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
Go on their side and print off the warranty form and follow the directions. Superb turnaround. Broke an older RS3 sent in on a Monday, received a brand new Voyant that Friday

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Back in February, it took about two weeks from initiating the repair online to receiving a replacement of my Redington Dually that broke. Hope this helps.

flybill

Life of the Party
Just use the breakage as an excuse to buy a new rod unless you already have a backup or two! Buy up if you can.. you'll never regret that says the guy with 30 plus fly rods.. building two more.. a 4wt for me and a 5wt for my friend Maryann which I will teach to fly fish in AK next year..

And I'm ordering a bamboo spey from David Reid in ID soon.. just 2700.. cheap at twice the price! At least imho! Won't be ready until October 2024.. two tips! Fish on!

Plus I'm going to GA to take Geroge Oysters his bamboo rod building class for a week or working with someone locally!! Life is short! Fish hard and play harder!