Redington warranty/response time ?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
So, last Sunday, I managed to break my Redington Strike 10'6" 3wt euro rod. Total bonehead maneuver too....self netting (buddy was like, standing right there), long stretch, high-stick action on a pretty heavy trout while stretching the opposite direction trying to get it in the net. I sent Redington a message stating as much Sunday evening with what is the best course of action. What is an acceptable time to at least get a response on this? It seems to me that this should occur at least within a couple of days, but I could be off on that.

As an aside, also that evening I happened to check out the Edge site to see if there was a sale going on. Sure enough, I grabbed the 11' 2wt Archetype (same NFC blank as my 9' 5wt) which already arrived yesterday....seems nice, I'll put it to the test this weekend, unless I feel like high-40s and rain on my musky waters (hint, I don't).

Cheers!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Just use the breakage as an excuse to buy a new rod unless you already have a backup or two! Buy up if you can.. you'll never regret that says the guy with 30 plus fly rods.. building two more.. a 4wt for me and a 5wt for my friend Maryann which I will teach to fly fish in AK next year..

And I'm ordering a bamboo spey from David Reid in ID soon.. just 2700.. cheap at twice the price! At least imho! Won't be ready until October 2024.. two tips! Fish on!

Plus I'm going to GA to take Geroge Oysters his bamboo rod building class for a week or working with someone locally!! Life is short! Fish hard and play harder!

Lol. Already ordered a replacement which came the other day (as seen in first post). Nice on the Oyster! It's funny, I recently got on the list for a Norling hollow built 8+ wt...gonna be a looooong wait for that one.

🍻