Prolapsed Bladder...

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Not me, my pontoon boat... made you look though.

Not my week for watercraft. Trailer problems on the big boat, and a torn bag on the Outcast PAC1200. Lucky for me this happened about .5mi from the takeout in a frog-water area. Bladder held air and seems fine. I've reached out to Outcast about repair. It's an old raft that I bought used. Not sure if it's under warantee anymore.
1712772722017.png

dep

Steelhead
wow! my pontoon seams are starting to come undone, but never seen a skin blow like that!
if that is an older Fish Cat pontoon (but I see you say Outcast) with the boston valve, I may have a spare skin.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Happened to me in my old doughnut, several years ago, first outing of the year, about 5 minutes away from the launch. Guess it's a reminder to be careful. First outing in the Fishcat went well this year, but I still lollygagged around at first checking stuff out.

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
wow! my pontoon seams are starting to come undone, but never seen a skin blow like that!
if that is an older Fish Cat pontoon (but I see you say Outcast) with the boston valve, I may have a spare skin.
I think the FishCat has the same frame as the PAC. I know the bladder and valve are different, but not sure about the bags. I'm gonna call Outcast and find out. If it matches and you still have it maybe you'd like to sell it?

dep

Steelhead
lets see where you get. I see you are located in Oregon - I am in Wa.
it may be more cost for shipping then worth the while.
wasn't there are free pontoon on this site recently?

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I got a prolapsed bladder cause I didn't know how to piss out of a pontoon boat once.

krusty

Forum Supporter

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not me, my pontoon boat... made you look though.

Not my week for watercraft. Trailer problems on the big boat, and a torn bag on the Outcast PAC1200. Lucky for me this happened about .5mi from the takeout in a frog-water area. Bladder held air and seems fine. I've reached out to Outcast about repair. It's an old raft that I bought used. Not sure if it's under warantee anymore.
View attachment 110208
That looks like a victim of old age, dry rot and over inflation. Very few people spend the necessary few bucks to buy a pressure gauge for inflatables.

krusty

Forum Supporter
That looks like a victim of old age, dry rot and over inflation. Very few people spend the necessary few bucks to buy a pressure gauge for inflatables.
But Ive....going to rhe urologist is scary and expensive. At our age most of us have experienced bladder dry rot and over-inflation.

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Well Outcast told me the bag is un-repairable; it's 19 years old (10 yr warrantee) and de-laminating. The whole thing, frame and bags, is $4400.00 new. They want 3k just for new bags and bladders... ouch. I wonder if there are 3rd party pontoons that would fit in the frame, or if I have any other options.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter