Pass Lake

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I suspect that it means, as long as there are tons of people at deception pass, rosario beach, etc with their children and pets and whatnot, they want it to stay closed to minimize risk to idiots who can't read signs (and their dogs/kids). I highly suspect there'd be a hell of a lawsuit if they knew it wad a dangerous alge bloom, let it stay open, and some kid got really sick (or worse, died).
Yes. The idiots. Anyone remember back when some frat boy backed his power boat into Pass? All the anglers jumped on his case, and dude said he was only trying to rinse out his outboard motor there. Yeah, right…

Smalma

Life of the Party
Thanks Tim - I was just going to post the same link.

Some additional information. The provisional recreational guideline for anatoxin-a is 1ug/l and microcystin is 8 ug/l. Obviously the most recent test for Microcystin (400 ug/l) is well above the state guideline, in fact it is the highest reading in 2022. Microcystin is a liver toxin and "potential human carcinogen".

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I’ve read recently that the entire parking lot is currently fenced off while they repair the pipe and sinkhole.
SF

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I was home last week and went by a few times - yes on the parking lot, everything including the outhouse and trailhead are roped off. Plenty of equipment and workers busy in there. Water was very green looking - bummer to see it in fall prime time and not a soul afloat. October is best month of the year at Pass.

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
FYI; It has to have 2 consecutive weeks of testing clean before it will open.

I remember when we were ordered to stay home ... and forbidden to fish Pass Lake (because of Covid). At the time, I assumed that the trout would become less wary and more gullible as they enjoyed the 'time out" from fisherman, and when it finally became legal to fish again, it was going to be "epic". I did not, personally, find that to be the case. However, hope springs eternal. My experience has been that the longer you let any "fishery" take a break from "pressure" the higher the chances of increases in "biomass" AKA ...big, hook nosed German Brown Trout. Perhaps the "deck has been shuffled" at Pass Lake. That notion appeals to me. We'll all be fishing Pass Lake soon enough.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was home last week and went by a few times - yes on the parking lot, everything including the outhouse and trailhead are roped off. Plenty of equipment and workers busy in there. Water was very green looking - bummer to see it in fall prime time and not a soul afloat. October is best month of the year at Pass.
I think December is the best month for a shot at epic numbers. 😁