Paintings it is what do

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I envy that kind of talent.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Just framed this little thing. It is the last of the tiny bit of 100 year old British frame stock. I love it. My eldest daughter raises fancy goats and sells the young ones in spring. She lives at 8300’ in Conifer CO- with a small farm. This was her Christmas present. Needless to say both my daughters have a Dad’s painting gallery6C3007CF-666D-4E7C-BD7F-B64949FB08D3.jpeg

Last edited:

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Maybe in a couple weeks i will call it done. I am making it up as i go along. I have a strong visual memory so congering as I paint is often how I interpret a sense of place

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I don't know why, but that goat painting is really cool! Thanks for sharing a sliver of your work, Skip.

Divad

Whitefish
Well now I understand where your daughter gets it 🙃 I really like the recent, Maple Falls. The focus to the water and near structure as it fades from foreground is very smoothly done! The length helps. Feels like I am there, peeping through the trees.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Well now I understand where your daughter gets it 🙃 I really like the recent, Maple Falls. The focus to the water and near structure as it fades from foreground is very smoothly done! The length helps. Feels like I am there, peeping through the trees.
Thanks that was my intent. Question however. What do you means where my daughter gets it? I painted the goats for her for christmas. Unless your moniker hides your true identity and you know Lana or Elaine? Micah is this you?

Divad

Whitefish
Thanks that was my intent. Question however. What do you means where my daughter gets it? I painted the goats for her for christmas. Unless your moniker hides your true identity and you know Lana or Elaine? Micah is this you?
Wasn’t it you and your daughter with the Art on the Fence galleries? Gosh I swear I’m not losing it don’t do this to me yet I’m too young.

But no Lana, Elaine or Micah here just a good ol “David” 🤝

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Wasn’t it you and your daughter with the Art on the Fence galleries? Gosh I swear I’m not losing it don’t do this to me yet I’m too young.

But no Lana, Elaine or Micah here just a good ol “David” 🤝
Lillie is 10 (On the fence gallery)Jeannies grandaughter. Jeannes is my long time fiance’ even when i was as married to someone else for 37 years. My daughters are 37 and 42 and i will be 70 in March. So nope do not have a 10 year old daughter. I think that would be a bit criminal actually… ;)

Divad

Whitefish
Lillie is 10 (On the fence gallery)Jeannies grandaughter. Jeannes is my long time fiance’ even when i was as married to someone else for 37 years. My daughters are 37 and 42 and i will be 70 in March. So nope do not have a 10 year old daughter. I think that would be a bit criminal actually… ;)
😁, well good because at 31 I was really hoping my ticker didn't just fart. Either way, cool to see your passion and skill rubbing off. Thank you for sharing too, that is a skill few have that I know of.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Mom is going to be 97 in a few days so made her a card. The background story here is that 7 years ago i bought her a star for her birthday. She got a formal certificate with its”location”. A star named Regina. This is watercolor and tempera…5” X 7”View attachment 51361
Some of you folks make art. I guess I am going to indulge a bit and say this is on 300lb Arches paper, masked to control edges. Toothbrush and Winsor Newton Frisket, wet in wet painting, partial drying, application of coarse salt and a lot of teensy brush work

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I envy that kind of talent.
Thanks Hard work and persistence required. I taught as a sub at a HS for 7years. I saw 90% who were not willing to do that. Most thought it would be a social gathering room not entailing any real work. A few out of 30 per class had real natural talent, another 5 had great potential, most were trying, the balance were screw offs that needed to be kept separated.