Oregon Coastal report

Well, I met up with @ColinShots yesterday to head to the coast in search of ghosts. We arrived to find out that we were the first car there (a surprise) and really only passed one other group all day (also a surprise). Both of these things were incredibly surprising since it was the weekend, really nice out, and not a secret spot by any means! It took a little work, but I managed this nice hen who thought she was a bull trout judging by all of the head shaking. I also managed to avoid spilling my beer.
IMG_20240203_185934_731~2.jpg
I also managed this little fish...I'll let Colin elaborate on that story... :LOL:
IMG_20240203_185934_786~2.jpg

All in all, a great day to be out on the water....good company, good food & good fishing.

🍻

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
We're you stripping streamers as you've mentioned in the past?
Forgot to mention, I did get a couple doing this but it's been a minute...as in several years since I've touched one doing it. It really is fun though. Last season I stripped more than any other technique...just not this particular trip.

Mike Ediger

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Great pictures. I love seeing coastal rivers and streams and miss them. I grew up in Tillamook, and have fished my whole life. Oddly, I and can't recall a single friend or person ever targeting steelhead. Lots of people including my father would target salmon when they were running, but I never really cared for that. I loved walking up small streams with an ultralight rod catching trout. Now that I almost exclusively fly fish, I still have never got into the steelhead or big river spey game. A 4wt and cutthroat stream is just about heaven for me, but I do love those fish and the beauty of the area.
Thanks for the report and for sharing the pics! (y)