Oregon Coastal report

Well, I met up with @ColinShots yesterday to head to the coast in search of ghosts. We arrived to find out that we were the first car there (a surprise) and really only passed one other group all day (also a surprise). Both of these things were incredibly surprising since it was the weekend, really nice out, and not a secret spot by any means! It took a little work, but I managed this nice hen who thought she was a bull trout judging by all of the head shaking. I also managed to avoid spilling my beer.
IMG_20240203_185934_731~2.jpg
I also managed this little fish...I'll let Colin elaborate on that story... :LOL:
IMG_20240203_185934_786~2.jpg

All in all, a great day to be out on the water....good company, good food & good fishing.

🍻

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
@clarkman picked my pocket. Nobody’s fault by my own. I totally blew it. Still, he’s a damn dirty thief. He mad up for it with a excellent lunch though. It was still a pretty darn nice day on the water.
sorry....not for picking your pocket, but for all of the trash talk that ensued....

Kado

Steelhead
Nicely done! My buddy and I are heading there next weekend. I wanted to tie up a few flies. Size 4 stingers?
Thanks,
Mark

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Hell ya! Nice work.

We're you stripping streamers as you've mentioned in the past?
I wish. I never did strip this trip. The first half of the day was spent swinging a handful of flies I had tied up recently and dialing in my rod/head/tip combo, the second half was spent nymphing.

Both fish were caught during the second half of the day.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So to pick a pocket nymphing, does that mean you were working upstream behind him?

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Hey ColinShots, were you swinging or nymphing? If swinging and he picks your pocket with a boober rig it doesn't really count. ;)
Nice fish Clarkman - good to see there are some ghosts around for the Oregon crew. Are these broodstock fish?

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hey ColinShots, were you swinging or nymphing? If swinging and he picks your pocket with a boober rig it doesn't really count. ;)
Nice fish Clarkman - good to see there are some ghosts around for the Oregon crew. Are these broodstock fish?
Nah, it was small water. We were both on bobbers.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well, I met up with @ColinShots yesterday to head to the coast in search of ghosts. We arrived to find out that we were the first car there (a surprise) and really only passed one other group all day (also a surprise). Both of these things were incredibly surprising since it was the weekend, really nice out, and not a secret spot by any means! It took a little work, but I managed this nice hen who thought she was a bull trout judging by all of the head shaking. I also managed to avoid spilling my beer.
View attachment 102052
I also managed this little fish...I'll let Colin elaborate on that story... :LOL:
View attachment 102053

All in all, a great day to be out on the water....good company, good food & good fishing.

🍻
Hells yeah bro

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
So to pick a pocket nymphing, does that mean you were working upstream behind him?
I'll just let you use your own imagination...since you seem to have it all figured out.

no, that's actually not how it went....shhhh

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'll just let you use your own imagination...since you seem to have it all figured out.

no, that's actually not how it went....shhhh
Well, this is how my session ended today so I may have one or two things left to figure out....

forked.jpg

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'll happily let guys pick my pocket if the opportunity arises. I am just now getting my steelhead stuff ready for my annual... Trip or two 😂

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
@clarkman picked my pocket. Nobody’s fault by my own. I totally blew it. Still, he’s a damn dirty thief. He mad up for it with an excellent lunch though. It was still a pretty darn nice day on the water.
Yeah, he does that.