Ooops

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Ah, such Christmas spirit. 🎄 I still frequent WFF, yes, the site has commercials. So? Doesn’t a football game have commercials?

Peace. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year 🎊
The issue with commercials over there is less that they exist, and more the volume of them. If there were commercials after every play, you'd stop watching football games pretty quick.

But more than that, VS is a foreign company with zero connection to or interest in the forums they buy. I'll happily avoid that if at all possible.

flybill

Life of the Party
The issue with commercials over there is less that they exist, and more the volume of them. If there were commercials after every play, you'd stop watching football games pretty quick.

But more than that, VS is a foreign company with zero connection to or interest in the forums they buy. I'll happily avoid that if at all possible.
VS is just trying to monetize it, the American Way.. imho.. however the site does suck, mainly classified posts and I'm not sure how many members!

You, Evan and Billy did a great job getting this site setup! I'll be signing up as a sponsor again, when I get back to work on the 10th! Cheers and Merry Christmas to all! Guess I can put the pole away now.. with Festivus being over.. but I'll still air my grievences! LOL!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
VS is just trying to monetize it

Sadly, there is some truth to this. The internet has evolved in such a way that everyone expects everything for free. But running a website isn't free. Servers, software, updates/upgrades, a team to install/fix things and respond to users, etc. People somehow think ads pay for all of this magically. But ads don't pay shit. Fractions of a penny. So companies have to run dozens on them on the page and then we all have to deal with it (or run adblockers). That's a race to the bottom game.

Few communities are as dedicated as smart as PNWFF is. The fact that enough people here say "this is a valuable resource and I'm willing to chip in pennies a day to keep it going" is really amazing and lets us exist without being covered with intrusive ads all over the page.

the American Way
Except that VS is not based in America.

JudyM

Steelhead
Sadly, there is some truth to this. The internet has evolved in such a way that everyone expects everything for free. But running a website isn't free. Servers, software, updates/upgrades, a team to install/fix things and respond to users, etc. People somehow think ads pay for all of this magically. But ads don't pay shit. Fractions of a penny. So companies have to run dozens on them on the page and then we all have to deal with it (or run adblockers). That's a race to the bottom game.

Few communities are as dedicated as smart as PNWFF is. The fact that enough people here say "this is a valuable resource and I'm willing to chip in pennies a day to keep it going" is really amazing and lets us exist without being covered with intrusive ads all over the page.

Where is it based at?

Zak

Legend

I'll reup in January. Thank you for this wonderfully pleasant online place!

flybill

Life of the Party
Corporate headquarters is in Ontario, Canada
We better build another wall!! LOL! J/K..

Semantics though, North America and it's still capitalism at it best or worst.. opinions may vary.. regardless, the original WFF.com is dead for me.. really, because the good content is here now. I do have fond memories of it though.. have to be cautious now that Travers / Scoones is here! HA HA!! Or Chris is flying his fleet of drones over us.... bzzzzzz...

Party on!! Cheers!

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
We better build another wall!! LOL! J/K..

Semantics though, North America and it's still capitalism at it best or worst.. opinions may vary.. regardless, the original WFF.com is dead for me.. really, because the good content is here now. I do have fond memories of it though.. have to be cautious now that Travers / Scoones is here! HA HA!! Or Chris is flying his fleet of drones over us.... bzzzzzz...

Party on!! Cheers!
Travers/Scoones appeared about the same time you re-appeared. Coincidence? Hmmmmm...

It is a conspiracy I tell ya! A conspiracy!

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Well I did the next best thing, and made all of my albums only visible to me! Pretty easy to do, a screenshot is attached. Now I can still take the time if I want and download them, or delete one by one. Probably won't as it would take too much time.
View attachment 96497
I think I could easily have a drink, and listen to you tell stories that are attached to these photos!.

flybill

Life of the Party
I think I could easily have a drink, and listen to you tell stories that are attached to these photos!.
We'll have to do it sometime.. grab a beer or something after I head down to the south sound to fish for sea run cutthroat trout! Or whatever is swimming by! Need to do more of it! I've got a GPS locator on Leland's car.. haha! NOT.. but I know where he fishes... but won't tell! LOL!

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Leland was spotted at Avid Angler working. Might have been a short stint or maybe a here and there thing, a favor I have no clue. But he knows a thing or ninety!

flybill

Life of the Party
Leland was spotted at Avid Angler working. Might have been a short stint or maybe a here and there thing, a favor I have no clue. But he knows a thing or ninety!
He's been up there a while.. usually Saturday's I believe..