OMJ - Yakima trip (11/10 to 11/12)

flybill

Life of the Party
If I pushed this out a week, would that make it possible for people to come.. who know what the weather will be though.. thoughts?

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
OMJ wouldn’t say why?? Before he passed I redid a Hotrod for him he got in rough shape from another forum member…..unfortunately Jim never got a chance to fish it.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
If I pushed this out a week, would that make it possible for people to come.. who know what the weather will be though.. thoughts?
I’d still be a potential; weather and current river conditions dependent.

flybill

Life of the Party
ROLL CALL:
We'll have fun! There will be lots of whiskey!

FlyBill (me of course)

We can plan meals or just wing it! Bring a chair! Stay in a tent or stay in town. Fish together and lie about what we caught.. Tell OMJ stories!
I'll have a small grill, dutch oven for desert, a well stocked bar and some breakfast and sandwich stuff. Easy but delicious!

BYOM (meat).. We'll need a good amount of firewood. I'll also have my Kelty Sunshade to cover the table and kitchen. I have plenty of coffee, just need to find my big coffee pot, kitchen stuff, pans etc. Camp Chef style! @Jerry Daschofsky

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak

flybill

Life of the Party
Well I tried.. we'll visit this again in February which is one of my favorite months for the Yakima! I will go over Friday and give it a go and come back late Friday or Saturday morning!

If anyone wants to join me on Friday, let me know or just show up. I'll be the guy in the river with a cigar and baseball cap! Can't miss my smoke signals!

Last edited:

flybill

Life of the Party
I’ll be out there Friday. Not sure how late I can stay but I’ll try and meet up.
Mark
I'll meet up over there.. probably leave early, about 7am on Friday.. fish throughout the day and may stay over.. just fish in the canyon. I live in Redmond, so it's a fairly quick trip over the pass.

We could meet at Red's! I should be there by 930am or so. Unless you have a spot you want to meet at. I drive a white Kia Soul.

Cheers!

Last edited:

flybill

Life of the Party
I built Jim a
I agree, he was very happy when he got it back as “Jim’s Hotrod” he told me he really wanted to fish with it.
I gave Jim a 3wt 3pc Matrix rod years ago. I think it was 7'6" or 8'! I don't know how much he fished it or if it's still around, but I hope someone in his family keeps it and fishes. As far as I know, his kids didn't fish, at least not his daughters.

I used to give him a 375 ml of Jim Beam oftern, when we would meet. I would offer him better whisk(e)y, but he was a Beam man.

I wish I had made it out there last year, but it wasn't in the cards financially.. Cheers to OMJ! I'm sure he's fishing with someone famous, but still telling to fuck off, and he's just resting his back.. hopefully he can part the river now, see if there are any actual fish and them go get them!

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Damn. This thread has made me realize Jim won't be posting here anymore, ever. Never met him but we'd used the private messaging from time to time and we met virtually a long, long time ago so I feel like I got to know him. I miss the guy.

flybill

Life of the Party
Damn. This thread has made me realize Jim won't be posting here anymore, ever. Never met him but we'd used the private messaging from time to time and we met virtually a long, long time ago so I feel like I got to know him. I miss the guy.
Yes GAT, including Jimbo who died quite a while ago, I know 7 people that have died in the past year.. 6 in the past two weeks.. all were older and I live in an over 55 community and most are quite a bit older.. 70's and 80's!

But OMJ is the one that affected me the most. I didn't post for a while for two reasons, I was busy and really not fishing at all and coming to the site made me think of Jim. Like many things in life, time will heal your wounds.. each of us will go through the steps of grief in different ways.. I'll be toasting Jim with Kado and any others on Friday.. we'll fish, or just lay down on the rocks and rest our backs.. I'll have a chair, some Beam (higher end stuff of course) and a cigar or six...

All are welcome to join us at Red's at about 10am.. or toast him virtulally around 2pm..

Cheers!

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yes GAT, including Jimbo who died quite a while ago, I know 7 people that have died in the past year.. 6 in the past two weeks.. all were older and I live in an over 55 community and most are quite a bit older.. 70's and 80's!

But OMJ is the one that affected me the most. I didn't post for a while for two reasons, I was busy and really not fishing at all and coming to the site made me think of Jim. Like many things in life, time will heal your wounds.. each of us will go through the steps of grief in different ways.. I'll be toasting Jim with Kado and any others on Friday.. we'll fish, or just lay down on the rocks and rest our backs.. I'll have a chair, some Beam (higher end stuff of course) and a cigar or six...

All are welcome to join us at Red's at about 10am.. or toast him virtulally around 2pm..

Cheers!

Took a small sip around 2pm’ish in honor of OMJ. Skål !!!

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How was the fishing?

Please keep any further gatherings posted. Eventually there will be a time and place for many to gather or just some of us.